The stars

The sun is high in the sky when we exit the base. I act like everything is absolutely normal even though I'm internally fighting and I don't even know against what.

"This is the plan" Optimus begins, addressing everyone. "Four days of trip, you all already know your directions. The first one who finds anything out will call the others. If we find nothing, we'll be back here within four days."

"Oh yes, I've always loved roadtrips!" Drift comments, dreaming.

And Crosshairs pretends to vomit at his words. I repress a small laugh.

"Autobots, roll out!" Optimus calls gloriously.

The Transformers transform together with him and, after psichologically preparing myself, I walk nonchalantly towards the flamed truck. How cool is that?
Everything is perfectly normal.

I have a bag with me containing what will feed me for the following days. As I approach the truck, his door opens and I climb on, sitting at the passenger seat. I would not dare to sit at the driver one, Optimus drives.

"You ready?" the radio speaks with his voice.

"Yes, let's go" I answer and the engine starts.

For the first ten minutes of trip silence reigns and I must repress with all my forces the need to ask him why he wanted me to go with him. But then I just figure out that it is probably because he wants to protect me or something like that. Yeah, it has to be so. I can't stop myself from thinking how cute that is.

I lose my gaze outside the window and eventually fall asleep.

His voice wakes me up some hours later. I can say it because the sun is already going down, giving the usual stunning coloring to the sky.

"We take a break" he says, "If you need to.... do anything" he finishes quite awkwardly.

Well, all in all I extremely need to pee.

I look outside and see there are some occasional trees. Thanks, God!

"I'll be right back" I say jumping off the truck and walking toward a short tree with many leaves.

Meanwhile I thank God a second time seeing that Optimus didn't tell me things like "Take care" or "I go with you."

I release all that I need and then I return to the truck stretching my arms and yawning. I still feel a bit sleepy and numbly. I stop outside of the truck breathing profoundly the evening air and observing his varnish. I so like those colors and that pattern. Not realizing what I am doing, I reach out a red flame with my finger and touch it gently. I start moving it along its path on the door, towards the hood - arriving to softly touch it with my full hand.

"You know, I kinda love these flames of yours" I say at a certain point in a low and quite sleepy voice.

I perceive an imperceptible shiver crossing the truck and that is what suddenly wakes me up completely and I lower my hand immediately almost taking a step backward.

Did I just say it? Did I just... do that?
Oh, shit.

"I kinda liked your caresses" Optimus admits few istants later.

Paralysed, just like on fire, are not enough to describe my current conditions.

"You better get in, we need to move for two more hours" he says after a minute of silence. "Then we'll definitely stop for today."

I just obey.

After two hours of complete silence (because, I don't know about him, but I have no more courage to speak) the sun is completely hidden behind the horizon and its last rays enlighten the sky of a purplish colour.
Optimus stops but I see nothing around us. Meadows only.