A new start

A week has passed since the war ended

A week has passed since the war ended. An atmosphere of serenity has characterized all these days. Optimus has left us to go to the Decepticons base and make the peace official, singning a kind of contract according to which they would haven't attacked each other anymore. The whole process is going to be repeated at our base, after some days that Optimus comes back. And he should arrive at any moment now.

These days have been quite peaceful, literally, if it weren't for a struggle due to Bumblebee. I swear he tried to declare his love once again, but I made it clear to him that he was my best friend and nothing else right away, even before he could begin to talk. How brat of me. But I had to. After all, my heart belongs to another one. He tryed to hide his disappointment and sadness, failing for the most of the times (probably on purpose) and I did my best to ignore all of it. It would have passed anyway. Bee is a young one. I love him as a friend, I really do.

It's about nine in the evening, I have already had dinner and I am at the moment chilling in my room, watching as the night replaces the day with a joyful game of colors.
Suddenly my room's door opens and I turn, expecting it to be Cade. I freak out when I notice that it's not Cade, but someone who I have never seen in my life and at first I jump on my feet, on the bed, pressing against the wall.

"Who are you?!" I say loudly and warily.

The man smiles, amused, closing the door behind him.

"Hi, Beatrice" he says calmly raising his eyes into mine.

While I wonder how he knows my name I find myself staring at a pair of deep blue eyes. I have never seen such shades of blue in a human being. I observe how a tuft of his black hair tends to enshadow his eyes, but they are too clear, bright I'd say, to be darkened. I observe his slight beard and his face features and I realize how cool this young man in front of me looks. Not to mention how familiar he seems.

"I've just come back" he continues as everything is normal "Our base is in any case better than their" and he smirks. His accent, his voice, his deep tone.

My eyes go wide open while I stare at that being, slowly realizing.

"No way" I just whisper, paralyzed. And the man smirks even more "Y-you can't be...."

"I am" he says and crosses his arms royally, lifting his head a little bit, in a superior attitude. I notice how muscled his arms are. And I recognize him immediately.

"Optimus Prime?!" I whisper.
I am still on my bed, pressed against the wall.

He nods but I still can't believe it. What the heck has happened?!

I leave my bed and find myself in front of him. He is still taller and watches down at me.

"How is it possible?" I ask with wide eyes.

"It's called holoform, that is our human form. Ratchet provided one for each of us when he was still alive. I thought it was time to try it."

"You have never... used this?"

"No, actually. But Bumblebee and Crosshairs once did for a special mission."

I nod, trying to understand.

"Well, you look..." I just glance at him entirely for a brief fraction of time "stratospheric to say the least."

"How sweet of you" he says blushing slightly "And I must admit that you yourself look even more beautiful from this point of view."

I smile shyly.

"Let's sit" I suggest and we move to the bed.

He's still some inches away from me.

"I've missed you these past days" he goes suddenly.

I turn to look at him and I almost get scared for how close he is. But that passes immediately transforming into something different.

"Did you?"

He nods and I see how sincere his eyes are. Those damn eyes.

"I missed you too and I am glad you're back."

Some moments of awkward silence pass when at a certain point he raises a hand to gently touch my face like in a soft caress. His eyes are still studying mine.

"I love them" he says and I blush quite strongly, his gaze lowers to my cheeks "And I love your blushing even more."

We're suddenly too close and sooner than I could imagine, our lips meet and it's like benig thrown to another dimension. I feel nothing could be more fair than this.

He moves apart briefly to look at my eyes like asking if it was all right and I answer just kissing him again. And now nothing can stop us. The kissing gets deeper and I fall back on my bed, our mouths chasing each other. I can't believe that Optimus Prime himself is kissing me. This is historical.

In the end he pulls away and when I find the courage to open my eyes I see Optimus blushing. He is on top of me.

"Oh-uhm, forgive me" he seems insecure "I'm in a human body for the first time, you know, I still must learn how to control every part of it."

I fail to hold down a giggle. Our eyes are interlocked - blue and green.
I take his face between my hands to be sure he keeps looking at me. I swallow.

"Some things cannot be controlled, Optimus Prime" I whisper.

His eyes shine brighter as I have seen other times before and I may understand the meaning now. He leans to kiss me again.

And what happens next is something that will be forever secretly kept as an engraving on my spark.

THE END

• • • Aurthor's note • • •
Hello everyone! The end has come, after a long journey! I hope you enjoyed the story - as some of you already know, I am Italian and this is the first time that I write something directly in English, so don't think too bad of me due to my mistakes, I would truly appreciate some corrections!

I'd love to thank each one of you, your votes and, most of all, comments are marvellous!

Is there something that you would like me to write about this story? Some more parts or anything, you can tell me and I may take into account to write something more for you.

So this is it, thank you forever.❤
-Jisbee.

Ps. Of course, let me know your thoughts on this story!