Lonely Boy

This week's chapter. Enjoy :)
_ _ _

The cable car was already closed, so they had decided to walk down the hill on foot. Jungkook was still processing the events, as they were walking side by side in silence. The ambience of the city was mixing with the sound of their steps on the trail and their breathing. They were completely alone in the night, illuminated by the lamps lining the Namsan park trail.

This is too much... I have no idea... Why did he do all of this? He... he kissed me on the cheek... prepared a small cake... and then that padlock... I was expecting a walk through the city, perhaps a drink at best... But not this... It's really too much... he shouldn't have done that... Who am I lying to, I loved everything, I've never felt this special.... He has no reason to be doing this, though... I don't think I can pay him back. A gust of strong wind hit them, and Jungkook was glad, that Taehyung instructed him to wear warm clothes. I need some answers, I'm lost here, I need to hear truth, everyone is so secretive... it's like I'm being played here...

"Can I ask you something, hyung?" Jungkook broke the silence.

"Sure," Taehyung smiled at him.

"Do you... do you normally kiss like that? I mean... on the cheek?" I...I mean your friends?"Jungkook stuttered, his face burning up. He was wishing there were at least few people on the trail, because just two of them was making the atmosphere really awkward.

"Is there anything wrong with that?"

I don't know... maybe that guys don't do things like that?! And maybe, that I have my personal space and you just invaded it?!

"It's... a bit weird..."

"Did you hate it?"

Did I? I had no time to question that... I suppose... I... kinda liked it... but it still weirded me out...

"No, but I... it's just weird..."

"I won't do it again, don't worry... I guess I'm like that...you know touchy-feely with people. But it won't happen again, I promise."

Jungkook had nothing else to say... Maybe I would want you to do that again...

"I got carried away,"he added, his eyes sad.

Taehyung pulled out of his pocket a hot pack and stopped

Taehyung pulled out of his pocket a hot pack and stopped. He reached for the lapel of the jacket Jungkook was wearing and put the pack in the inside pocket.

"How much stuff do you carry in your pockets?" Jungkook giggled. "I had no idea, there's a pocket on the inside of this jacket," he was thankful for the heat spreading through his chest.

"I obviously know, because it's MY jacket," Taehyung looked at him annoyed.

"I'll return it to you, don't worry," Jungkook said, disappointed to have to let the jacket go.