Chapter Twelve

It had been nearly 4 months since the whole fiasco with Nathaniel happened and Trinity found herself thinking about it less and less each day. Things had been going well for her, shockingly. She was actually right in the middle of cleaning out her grand parents house to sell it. After the incident she found herself unable to go in the house without having someone with her. So she decided a smaller little cottage deal for right now would be best for her. It took a lot of thinking on her part to will herself to let her childhood house go. Paul was there for her and supported her decisions every step of the way, which helped tremendously. She spent half of her time with Paul at his house when he wasn't working and the other half with Aliyah who was helping her pack and organize her grandparents stuff. They were donating half and keeping the rest. Trinity pushed another box of little knick-knacks towards the wall in the basement where the rest were stacked, ready to be taken out and donated. Aliyah sat on the steps and sighed, leaning back against the steps. Trinity grinned at her and moved to sit by Aliyah, poking her stomach.

"Little squish is starting to pop out more and more each day" She noted. Aliyah smiled and placed her hand on the top of her stomach. She was almost 5 months along and they were going to find out the gender in a few days. Trinity was beyond excited and couldn't wait, she loved kids. "And you've already got a photographer for all of her pictures" She said, nodding her head. Aliyah laughed.

"What makes you so sure shes a girl? Could be a mister!" Aliyah retorted, rubbing her stomach as the baby began a kicking storm. "Whatever it is, its hungry!" She said, pulling herself up to a standing position and looking around the basement, deep in thought. Trinity glanced around and began to get an uneasy feeling as unhappy memories came flooding back to her. She stood on the steps and gently nudged Aliyah.

"Let's go upstairs and order some food.." Aliyah agreed and moved up the steps with Trinity close in tow. A half hour later they sat in the kitchen with a pizza box between them on the table. Aliyah spoke first through the silence.

"So what do you think that creep meant when he was asking about the money? I mean I know i've asked you every day for the past few months but it just confuses me. Like he was so sure that you had it. Why go through all of that trouble if you weren't sure?" She asked, taking a bite. Trinity just shrugged and chewed for a few seconds quietly.

"I dont know.. I was kind of hoping that in all of our packing we would stumble across a bag of 100's but it looks like so far we are out of luck. I don't remember my grandpa having any money. I mean. I guess we had money but not the kind to kill over. Just enough that the bills were always paid and we could always have ice cream in the freezer.." She said, shifting to tug her phone out of her sweat pants pocket as it vibrated. She squealed at the face on the screen and glanced up at Aliyah who was holding her phone as well. "Well it must be break time at the shop" Trinity laughed and stood up, sliding the green button over to accept the face time chat. She moved into the living room and sat on the couch, holding the phone out. Paul's face came onto the screen and he immediately flashed his smile at her, which only made her heart skip a beat as she grinned back.

"Hey beautiful girl" He said, making her heart skip about ten extra beats.

"Stop.. you're too nice to me" She said, sticking her tongue out at him to change the subject. He just smiled his crooked smile and leaned his head back against the headrest in the truck. He went outside during his breaks so he could talk to Trinity because there was absolutely no service in the shop. "You know i'm only sub par pretty" She responded. Paul just lifted an eyebrow.

"Now its not fair that you're going to talk bad about yourself when I'm not near you. Because you know that if I were there I would drag you to the nearest room and show you just how beautiful you really are" He commented, wiggling his eyebrows. She felt her jaw drop open and her face get red.