Chapter Seven - Running Away When Your Family Knows

With a click, my bag is packed. Normal clothes, as well as some old stuff that I kept from my England days. A small flash of fire and smoke appears in front of me, and I shudder.

Haruhi sits on her bed. I just explained everything to her.

"And remember to stay clear of Ciel. He is a demon now, and was a demon before. He could eat your soul easily, and you are a better target then most, being my sister and best friend," I lecture.

Haruhi nods, her brain processing. "Can I text?"

"I think so. I have my phone, but please don't call. It'll draw too much attention," I turn, my long shirt swaying with me. I'm dressed in leggings and a black tunic. Black is required for my act, hence the name Shadow.

"At the circus, keep an eye out for the first stringers. They tend to do most of the dirty work for the circus. They have no problem in killing you," I warn darkly.

"Okay. You should leave soon, it's 8:56," Haruhi motions to the clock.

I nod reluctantly. Suddenly, Haruhi's arms are wrapped around me. "Good luck solving a murder."

"Thanks."

I grin, as I walk though the apartment. I check for my phone, keys, and wallet before tightening my eyepatch. I wish Ryuji goodbye and hop out the door, running demon speed to the fountain. Sebastian is sitting on the edge, a cat in his arms, which he pets lovingly.

"You're lucky Ciel is the only one allergic," I giggle as I stop in front of him.

"Yes. If I remember correctly, you would help me help some from time to time?" Sebastian lets the cat jump out of his arms.

I nod, sitting next to the demon butler. I swallow hard, pulling !y knees to me chest.

"Miss Charlotte, are you alright?" Sebastian asks, seeming worried. I highly doubt that, as he is a demon, after all.

"I'm fine, Michaelis," I snap, holding back tears. I am genuinely terrified, to say the least. Last time we were here, it turned out the crazy man that they worked for belonged to the same cult that captured Ciel and I. I have the scars and the brand on my side to prove it...

"No, you are not, Miss Charlotte. Lately, you have seemed to be under a fair amount of stress. Why is that?" Sebastian asks in a fatherly tone. I guess he is like my father, in a way. Sebastian took care of me when Ciel pushed me aside. Once the weak one, always the weak one, I guess.

"None of your business," I growl.

"It is my business, in a way. I have a connection with you. We are demons, and I am superior," Sebastian counters slyly. Is this why he brought me here early? To talk? Like a human? No...

"Fine! I started school two weeks ago, there are murderers running around, and my brother is going to the same school as me! Of course I'm stressed! This circus trip isn't helping!" I exclaim. This is one of those times I want to be back in the garden with Finny, or helping blow things up with Bard. My real friends. My original, authentic friends.

"And, to make things even better, you told me everyone," I try to hold back tears, but I can't. They start to spill. "Everyone I loved is gone! Gone! Gone forever! I hate being a demon! I hate it! I should have died a long time ago! I don't want to be immortal and watch everyone I love disappear, and the one person I could have trusted... He's corrupted. Worse than being dead. Corrupted."

My sobs fill the square surrounding us, but nobody notices the sobbing English girl. I'm alone again. So alone.

Sebastian leans in and puts his arm around me.