Chapter Nine - Let's Perform!

"Shadow! Get up! The show starts in an hour, and we need to rehearse!" Beast exclaims, shaking me. I really wasn't sleeping, I was just reading to pass the time. You know how books can get.

"Okay, okay. I'm coming," I sigh, putting on my outfit, which is a black fishnet leggings over a black leotard with sequins on it. A short skirt, that only reaches mid thigh, goes over it, and I slid on black flats. I hold my bangs back with a clip, and confidently strut out of the tent and down to the main show tent, Sebastian on his past circus outfit behind me.

Rehearsal is only doing ten minutes of your act, so about half, and then making sure everything works for the last five minutes before the gates open.

Everything goes fine, and, before I know it, Joker is walking out to the tons of people who came today. More than yesterday, but then again, today is Friday.

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls!" Jokers voice sounds distant, but you can still make it out.

"Hey, Shadow," Dame whispers behind me. "How are you holding up?"

"I'm good," I smile up at the girl. "Thanks."

I'm actually kind of excited. Tonight is my first night performing, and Sebastian and I are going to inspect things. That means breaking into tents and tailing the other first string members. I kind of feel bad lying to Dame, though. She has no idea what's going on.

We all run out into the dimly lit tent. I sit on a box, across from Peter and Wendy on their trapeze swing, Sebastian standing next to me.

"... Let the show of the century begin!" And Jumbo does his thing. Applause fills the tent as we all go back and let Peter and Wendy do their act.

I was squeezed between Doll and Dame, and Beast. I watch in awe at those two. It gets me every time! I also see the Host Club members and Ryuji in the middle of the stands, watching intently. They all seem impressed. They have no idea what their in for.

"And now, our newest member, a skilled escapist and a fierce attitude to match, Shadow!" Joker exclaims as I jump out of the shadows. Sebastian gets everything ready, and chains me up, before setting me at the bottom.

"Shadow will be given five minutes to escape from the tank," Joker continues the narrative as I break though the chains effortlessly.

Minute.

With a well placed kick, I jump out, onto Sebastian's shoulder.

Time: One minute, thirty second.

I grin, making eye contact with Haruhi, who stares at me, amazed.

Next is the box. Sebastian holds it up, revealing no hidden doors or anything. I climb into it, barely fitting, and I can feel the chain wrap around it. I move for three seconds, before I Jaunt to a shadow in the back of the stands, were no one is. People stare at the wood, as Ryuji glances around nervously.

I grin wildly again, and silently jump up to the rafters and place myself above Ryuji, before hopping down right behind him. People gasp, and I tap his shoulder, making him turn to me, and he gasps as well. I wave, before running down next to Sebastian with an elegant grace.

How much time did I kill?

We have five minutes left, Miss Charlotte.

I glance up at Joker, who nods. Everyone need a good back up plan.

The curtain with the hoop from this morning is wrapped around me. I dress in a straight jacket. This curtain comes down, revealing the me in the jacket. I grin up at the crowd as the curtain goes up again. I get out of the jacket, and set of on the ground, before Jaunting up to the tightrope, where I sit. I watch the crowd gasp as they see this empty straight jacket and I hop down from the rope. Sebastian catches me, me standing on his open palm effortlessly.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the ballerina of the box, Shadow!" Joker finishes. I bow, as does Sebastian, before we run back backstage.

I sit back on a wooden box, and sigh. Dame sits next to me. "Don't get too comfy. The Exit is coming up, after Beast."

"I know. I should redo my makeup," I stretch as I stand, before walking over to the mirror and redoing my smokey gray eye-shadow, black lipstick, and a blue eyeliner, curling at the end.

When I'm done, Beast is almost done with her act, and we all walk out, bow, and Joker says some stuff. But my mind is focused on my family and friends and the surprise I have in store for them.

When people start to leave, I run out after throwing my purple Noah's Ark sweatshirt on.

Where are you going?

You'll see. Wanna come with?

No, I will stay here.

Okay!

And I look around, a smile on my face. "Haruhi!"

The brown haired girl appears next to me in a matter of seconds and hugs me. "That was amazing!"

"I know, right! Where is everyone else? I'm gonna bring you behind the scenes," I tell her.

"Well, the Host Club are all up there-" Haruhi points up the path a bit. I immediately see Takashi's head. "And Dad should be behind me."

With that Ryuji wraps me in a hug too. "I loved it!"

"Good. You're supposed too," I grin as Ryuji let's go. "Stay here." And I jog up behind Kyoya and tap his shoulder. "Hello."

Kyoya whisks around, as does everyone else, and wave happily at them all. "Sooo.... How was it?"

"I've seen better. How were you able do get out of those things so fast? It is humanly impossible," Kyoya asks, looking down at his notebook.

I just wink at him as Druitt 2.0 spins me around. "That was wonderful! Absolutely wonderful!"

"G-great," I struggle as Tamaki spins me around more. "C-can you let me go n-now? I have something to show you."

And he does. Then I bound off, beckoning them to come with. They all do, and soon all eight people I invited were following me behind the main tent.

"Well then, I must say, thank you all for coming," I say, acting like a tour guide. "First up is the main tent, where we practice and perform. Then we have these nine yellow tents." I go on, pointing everything else to the group listening intently.

"So, what do you think?" I ask at the end, writing out my damp hair.

A pile of comments come my way, but I find a way to answer all of them.

"Shadow!" Dagger runs up to me. "Who are these people?"

"Just some friends, Dagger," I reply. "They are going to be leaving now, anyway."

The group all glance at each other, but I push them along. Soon they all leave. That was close.

"I have some stuff to attend to, Dagger," I say, walking to my tent. Sebastian is there, reading a different book. He glances up at me and grabs his top hat.

"Are you ready, Shadow?" He asks, walking to the entrance.

"Very," I reply, a sly grin on my face.

A/N: This is a Charlotte Fujioka in her natural habitat (Without her uniform) !!! \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/