Part One. Chapter 1: Ten Months

It had been ten months since the professional artistic chief assistant, Yanase Yuu, started his relationship with the popular Mangaka, Ijuuin Kyo, author of one of the best selling shonen manga in existence, Za Kan. Despite having had a rough start, they both now enjoyed a healthy and secretive relationship. Some would say there is nothing healthy on a relationship being kept a secret but since they are both men, a relationship like theirs was far from being socially accepted. Not to mention that there was no reason for people to know, their private lives were their own business. The months they had been dating had been really great and being honest, they have moved pretty fast compared to normal relationship standards.

They were not officially living together, but the nights they spent together far surpassed the ones they spent separately at their own places. Whenever Yuu had to work for Ijuuin, he didn't even bother returning to his own apartment and it had become almost customary that even if they didn't sleep together, they would still go to bed and wake up next each other. This habit had mainly come from the several talks they had had about their own lives. The fact that Ijuuin always described himself feeling lonely, had had a huge impact on Yuu. Since the very first time he heard about it, he had done everything possible to make sure Kyo never felt lonely again, and if Yuu was honest, he didn't want to stay away from sensei either. Yanase himself was no stranger to loneliness and while he hadn't expressed it as clearly as sensei had, it was obvious that Kyo worked hard on always letting Yuu know that he was truly loved.

Naturally, they had also had quite a few misunderstandings, mostly caused by how little they had actually known each other when they started to go out. Those conflicts, however, had all been solved and none had been important enough to cause a big problem. 

At this point, they had both become more comfortable with the work proximity each had to their past loves, Takahashi Misaki- kun and Yoshino Chiaki- sensei. However, 'more comfortable' didn't mean that they were completely fine with it and so, their expressions would often reveal the jealousy their mouths didn't speak...such had been the case today, when Yuu had come to work for Chiaki. "I'll go pick you up" sensei had told him as he got ready to leave "It's not necessary, I can come back by train or maybe I should go back to my hou..". His idea was interrupted by a pair of soft lips carefully placed on his own "I'll be there around eleven" Kyo had said with a sweet smile. "You've got to stop doing that!" Yanase protested. It wasn't that he didn't like being kissed, rather he didn't like sensei interrupting him with kisses. 

"Sorry, sorry. You're just too cute! I can't hold back" Kyo answered planting a new kiss on Yuu's cheek. By now, Yuu had learned that arguing against Ijuuin about something he had already set his mind on, was completely worthless. "Alright, text me when you are outside" Yuu had said reluctantly "Why? I might want to pick you up at Yoshino- sensei's door" Ijuuin had replied with a very flirty smile. "Please don't" Yuu told him with a bitter expression. Hatori and Chiaki seemed to be perfectly fine with sensei's presence, but last time Ijuuin had picked him up at Yoshino's door, the girl assistants had gone nuts just by looking at him. "Alright, alright! Have a good day" sensei had finished as Yuu stepped out of his apartment with his cheeks completely blushed. No matter how much time he spent with sensei, Kyo would always find a way to make his heart race and his face turn red.