Part Seven. Chapter 8: Safe

Yuu felt the air escaping his lungs as he collided against another body. Fear started to invade him and he was about to run to the opposite direction when he smelled a familiar perfume in the clothes his face was buried in. His breathing came in pants as a hand was softly posed on his hair. “Ijuuin- sensei” he mumbled shakingly setting his arms around Kyo’s waist. He had never felt this safe in his entire life, there were people walking by but he couldn’t care less about the eyes fixated on them, the only thing he wanted right now was to pull his body closer to his partner’s and leave the place. “What happened?!” Kyo asked him with clear anguish in his voice. “Let’s just leave...please, please! I want to go home" Yuu spoke turning to look at Ijuuin whose eyes displayed extreme concern.

He felt Kyo sliding his hand under a portion of his hair for what he thought would be a gentle stroke on his skin. Instead he saw Ijuuin’s calm expression darken in a way he had never seen before “Did he do this to you?!” Kyo asked as he softly pressed his thumb against the tiny scar Yuu had caused himself with the alarm clock. Yuu quickly placed his fingers over the injury, now, for the first time feeling just how much it actually hurt. “No- no! This was an accident” he said with a pained voice. “What the hell happened?!!” Ijuuin asked this time with absolute anger flowing  from his words. Yuu wanted to go away from that block as soon as possible but he could not longer retain his, already, extremely unstable  composure. Feeling tears starting to flood his eyes, he took a seat at the nearest bench he could find, Ijuuin following closely behind. With soft whispers Yuu confessed what had happened to him at Fujino’s apartment. He explained how he had injured himself trying to get away and how he had left in a rush. Ijuuin didn't say a word as he spoke, but even without him actually speaking, Yuu could tell his partner was extremely angry. His expression was not the usual confident one and his typical flirty smile was nowhere to be seen.

Yuu knew it was extremely cold at the place they were sitting, but somehow, he could not feel the tiniest bit of it. Completely focused on telling his story, he hadn’t even noticed that Kyo had taken him in his arms and he was now pretty much sitting on his partner’s lap. “I- I’m so sorry” was the last thing he said before resting his head on Ijuuin’s shoulder feeling both relieved and defeated. He looked at sensei taking the apartment keys out of his pocket. “Go home, I’ll be there in about an hour” Kyo said handing him the keychain that displayed a golden small figure of Za Kan. “What? No! Wh- where are you going?” Yuu asked taking the keys in his hand. “To Fujino’s of course! You think I’m letting the situation stay this way?!” Kyo told him displaying probably the darkest expression Yuu had ever seen on his boyfriend. “No, no...please!” Yuu said not wanting to let go off Ijuuin’s neck where he had placed his arms. “Yanase- kun you’re mine to protect, remember? I don't care what it takes, I'll show him just what he just got himself into” Kyo insisted but there was no way Yuu would let Ijuuin go to Fujino’s place like that. “Let’s just go home...please” he begged taking a deep breath and displaying a cute expression he knew Ijuuin could not resist.  “Okay, okay...I’ll take you home but this issue has not ended...not until I put that guy in his place, even if that means in jail” Ijuuin threatened finally lifting Yanase up. Yuu grabbed sensei’s hand carefully, slowly interlacing their fingers as they started to walk towards Ijuuin’s house.

Yuu felt a lot calmer walking as he held Ijuuin’s hand. He didn’t know what he would’ve done if sensei hadn’t suddenly appeared…which of course lead Yuu to ask the obvious: “H- how did you know where I was?” he said as they entered the apartment building. “You left with Fujino- sensei. So I figured you’d be there. I didn’t expect you to come out running in panic, though...so when I saw you leaving so frantically, I followed you as fast as I could” Ijuuin answered as the pair exited the elevator. “I’m really sorry” Yuu apologized again feeling genuinely guilty. “It’s alright, you don’t have to apologize” Kyo assured him finally displaying the smile Yuu loved so much.

They entered the apartment and Yuu immediately collapsed on the big couch. The warmness of the place assured him that everything would be alright now that he was where he belonged. “Let me take care of this very quickly” Ijuuin spoke with a soft voice as he opened an emergency box. Yuu felt Kyo’s hand softly removing his hair placing an alcohol pad in the tiny wound the clock had caused. He flinched upon feeling the itchy and hurtful touch “It’s okay, it’ll only be a minute” Ijuuin told him with a sweet tone using his free hand to hold Yuu's face in place. Yuu watched blissfully as his partner cleaned his forehead and carefully set a transparent band aid onto the injured site. He could not deny that despite his rushed emotions, the sight of Kyo taking care of him was angelical. The mangaka’s perfect features shined under the dim light of the lamp and Yuu’s heart started to throb faster upon realizing that he could call that perfect guy, his. “Ijuuin- sensei” he whispered making the author turn to look at him right in the eyes “Yes?” he said with a smile and giving a little stroke to Yuu’s cheek “Make love to me”.