Part Two. Chapter 5: Invincible

After his nap, Yuu checked his working schedule and went out to buy some more drawing implements. He didn't really need them but it was better to keep his head busy until Kyo called. He would start working with Fujino- sensei on Monday and he may need some new tools. Yuu wasn't really familiar with his manga, but he knew his work had recently been chosen to become an anime. This was not really good, Yuu knew from experience that whenever authors were offered an anime deal, they would either react nicely and keep working like they always had or they would get very nervous and try to do some drastic turns in their manga in order for it to become more interesting for the anime. He didn't know Fujino- sensei at all so he could just hope for him to be the relaxed type of Mangaka.

As he exited the train station, he thought he should probably get to know a bit more about the manga he was going to start working on. Entering books Marimo, he saw a familiar face, the baby faced Emerald editor was in the store talking with the guy in charge of the shoujo manga section. He had never really had a conversation with either of them, but the editor had been helped him and Chiaki finish their work whenever Yoshino had gone over the deadline. Yanase passed by the pair who were talking with big smiles on their faces, probably the editor just wanted to know how the sells of the books he was in charge of were going. Yuu reached the shonen manga section and, as always, found Ijuuin's manga in the best selling shelf.

There was a group of high schoolers talking about the book right next to him. Hearing all those great things about the new Za Kan volume was really cool. Not only had he helped create the manga they were so happily admiring, he was also the lover of its very own creator. His cheeks started to get red when a seller approached him "Hello sir, can I help you?" the guy asked with a smile. The employees at books Marimo were all really kind and they seemed to have their own fanbase. Specially the one the baby face editor was talking with, that guy was as much of a good worker as he was attractive. "Yes, I am looking for Fujino Aki's manga published by Marukawa Shoten" Yuu answered after realizing he didn't even know the title of Fujino's work. "Oh, you mean Invincible? Yes, I have the last volume right here" the guy said handing him a blue book.

This was indeed what he was looking for. The book had very cool letters that read "Invincible" with a very nice art of what it looked like a caped superhero. Fujino- sensei's name was written with the same cool thick letters of the manga's title and the Marukawa logo was set at the bottom of the cover. "Yes, this is it. Do you have previous volumes?" Yuu asked seeing this was the 12th volume of the manga. "Yes, of course. Let me show you". Yuu looked carefully at the books and ended up buying eight volumes of the manga.

Returning to Kyo's apartment, he had lunch and spent the rest of the day reading the manga he had bought, to his surprise, this manga was really good! He wasn't sure why he hadn't gotten into it before. It was past midnight when his cellphone started to vibrate, he quickly grabbed it knowing exactly who was calling him. "Sensei?" He said answering the call sounding more excited than he thought he'd be. ["Hi Yanase- kun. I just arrived to my hotel"].  "Was your flight alright?" He said thinking it was what he should be asking. ["It was great! But it's really cold here"] sensei answered almost laughing ["So, how are you doing? Do you miss me already?"] Kyo continued with his sarcastic tone. "No, I don't" Yuu said with the same mocking tone sensei was using "But since you called, I guess you do miss me, right?" he finished throwing the joke on Ijuuin. ["Of course I do!"] Kyo replied eagerly ["If you were here, I wouldn't be so cold, if you know what I mean"]  he completed making Yuu's cheeks turn red. How could sensei make him blush even being so far away?!

They talked for about an hour about Ijuuin's plans in Paris and what Yuu had done that first day without his partner. After that, they hanged up the phone for them to go to rest, Yuu felt quite relieved after talking with sensei and he knew that once monday came, they would both be busy and their talks would have to be shorter than what it had been today.

It was too late for him to catch a train home, so he decided to stay at sensei's place for the night again. He headed towards the guest room thinking that it would be disrespectful to sleep on sensei's bed while he was away. As soon as he reached the end of the hallway, however, his desire won over his thoughts and he immediately entered Kyo's bedroom. He had slept there during the morning, so it wouldn't make much of a difference if he spent the night there. He laid down thinking on everything he had talked with sensei over the phone, the call had made him happier than he thought it would. As his mind kept drifting away, his eyelids got heavier and heavier. Hugging the same pillow he had slept onto during the morning, Yuu allowed himself to fall asleep.