Part Seven. Chapter 6: Can't Wait

Naturally, Fujino- sensei had not been able to cancel the meeting, so Yuu had gone with him to the studio where the audition would take place. Kirishima- san was there along with some other people of Marukawa's Animation division. Yuu knew he had no business there, but Fujino had convinced Kirishima- san that he had been brought for professional matters and that he was going to help Fujino reach a decision on the seiyuu (voice actor) that would be given the lead role in the anime. About fourteen people had auditioned and there were still seven to go,  Yuu was truly enjoying himself looking at all the auditions. As a manga artistic assistant, he had never really been in close contact with seiyuus and he was honestly impressed with all the talent that Fujino's manga had gathered.

Despite the fact that he was actually having a good time, his fun was continuously getting ruined by his cellphone ringing and vibrating. All the Incoming calls and incoming texts were almost unbearable. Yuu didn't even have to look to guess who was it that was calling him so desperately, but he was definitely not ready to talk. He left out a sigh in frustration and immediately felt Fujino grabbing his hand. He flinched at the sudden gesture but didn't retrieve his hand "You tired? It'll be over in a bit" Fujino whispered to him with a very sweet expression. His eyes shining like Yuu had never seen before. "I'm okay" Yuu answered and quickly turned his gaze towards the person who was now auditioning, not doubt this was definitely the best one yet. Before Yuu realized it, the auditions were over and now the anime production committee would deliberate "You have the final word, Fujino- sensei" one of the animators said with a smile. "Alright, I will give it a thought and have a decision by tomorrow morning" Fujino said confidently. Yuu watched as Aki kindly greeted and thanked all the voice actors that had come to audition and right after turning to look at him.

"Shall we go, Yuu- san?" he asked with a smile "Sure" Yuu quickly replied nodding his head. He took out his cellphone seeing the great amount of missed calls and text messages. Of course, they were all from Ijuuin- sensei except for a few messages from Chiaki asking him some stuff about work. "I'm guessing you don't want to talk about what happened, do you?" Fujino asked offering one of his sweet smiles. "Not really" Yuu answered bitterly as he turned off his mobile, he really didn't want to deal with Ijuuin- sensei right now. "That's okay...so who do you think is the best?" Fujino inquired making Yuu turn to look at him. "What do you mean?" Yuu said feeling a little flustered "From all the seiyuus that auditioned...who do you think is the best one?" Fujino repeated making Yuu feel somehow embarrassed. He had thought Fujino asked for him to choose between him and Ijuuin- sensei. "The one from Omega Productions, Nakao- san...undoubtedly" Yuu answered remembering the marvelous performance the young guy had presented. "Yea I thought so too...I think he's going to get the lead role" Fujino commented with a tone of excitement. "He definitely should" Yuu finished as he looked out the window.

The shopping mall where this afternoon's feud had gone down was on the way to Fujino's house. Seeing the place was more than enough for Yuu to feel the anger swelling up inside him again. Still, he couldn't help but think how long the auditions had taken as it was already dark "Ijuuin- sensei must be worried" his mind thought but he immediately erased the idea by thinking he had it well deserved. "Would you like me to take you to Ijuuin- sensei's place?" Fujino asked turning to look at Yuu with his usual sweet smile. "No thanks, I rather go to my own place" Yuu answered honestly "Alright, I'll take you to your place, but first let me treat you to dinner" Fujino told him setting his eyes on the road again. Yuu checked the clock and realized it was already past 10pm, it was probably not a good idea to accept the offer, but after the guy had literally gone out of his way to go pick him up and had taken him to an important meeting just so that he got distracted from his anger, it would be hugely rude to refuse.

"Okay thank you, but I can't stay for long" Yuu said already feeling like this was a bad decisión. "No problem. The moment you want to leave, I'll take you home" Fujino assured him as he slowly entered the parking lot of the apartment complex where he lived. Yuu got out of the car and headed towards the elevator with Fujino closely following behind him. "Make yourself at home" Aki told him as they arrived to his perfectly organized apartment. Yuu watched as the author took off his jacket and rolled up his sleeves in order to start the preparation of the ingredients for the meal he was going to cook. Meanwhile,  Yuu's eyes slowly drifted to look outside the window, the lights of the city gave him an anxious feeling and before he knew it, he started to feel guilty for what he had done. Sure Ijuuin- sensei had screwed up and right before their first anniversary, but hadn't he done something similar a year ago? He had believed every single word Ishi Shizuku had said to the point where he had tried to break up with Ijuuin* without allowing him a chance to explain himself. Still, Kyo had not given up on him that time and had gone through hell trying to find out what exactly were Yuu's issues...that for sure was a quality boyfriend. Yuu, however, had fled the scene in fear with a guy Ijuuin himself had asked him to be cautious with, he had also shut down his phone and had disappeared for more than half a day...he was definitely not a quality partner. 

"Dinner is ready" he heard Fujino calling interrupting his thoughts. Yuu ate as fast as possible and took his cellphone out of his pocket. He pressed the power button and was completely attacked by a rampage of texts. [I'm sorry] [Where are you?] [Please answer my calls] Yuu scrolled through the messages deleting them one by one until he reached the final one that had been delivered over an hour ago [I'll be waiting up for you, so please come home] he didn't know why, but his heart was completely moved by this last text and suddenly he felt the urge to go see his partner. Maybe he should give him the chance to explain himself, he knew for sure Kyo was not one to cheat or to play so he must have something to say about what had happened earlier today. With that thought in mind, he finally decided it was best to go to Ijuuin's place "Thank you so much for the meal, Fujino- sensei. I have to leave now" he said without taking his eyes off his phone. "Mmmm...I see Ijuuin- sensei finally found the words to make you surrender huh?" Fujino asked teasingly as he slowly approached Yuu. He didn't get the whole point behind Fujino's remark and distracted as he was, Yuu was only able to move an inch before Aki grabbed his hands in a tight grip making him drop his cellphone. Before realizing it, Yuu found himself laying flat on the living room's carpet with Fujino- sensei pressing both of his wrists down against the floor. "Yuu- san, please choose me" the author spoke almost whispering.

Yuu felt the anxiety rushing through his veins realizing the situation he was now in. "Let me show you, I am way better than him" Aki continued removing his hand from Yuu's wrist and slowly stroking a piece of Yuu's hair away from his forehead. "No, no...w- wait!" Yuu managed to say pressing Fujino's forearm with his free hand trying to escape. "I'm sorry, Yuu- san...I don't think I can wait any longer" Fujino told him getting his head buried on Yuu's neck.

--------------------------

*Reference: Junjou Sentiment: The Case of Yanase Yuu. Parts 3 to 5

Nakao- san, the seiyuu...You might wanna remember that name...

Thank you so much for reading!! Love you all ^.^