Part One. Chapter 4: Six Weeks

"What?!!" Yanase instantly blurted out "How come this is the first time you mention a trip to France?!" he continued feeling both angry and confused. "I planned this trip before we started going out and..." Ijuuin began to explain but Yuu immediately interrupted "So you decided to not say a word about it all this time? It's been almost a year!" he said raising his voice and successfully pushing Ijuuin's hands out from underneath his clothing.

Despite trying to completely move away, his height put him at a disadvantage against Ijuuin- sensei. "I was trying to find a way to take you with me" Kyo quickly said grabbing Yuu by the shoulders setting him between his legs again. "I don't want to go! If that was your intention, then you should've told me!" Yuu rebutted once again trying to get free from sensei's arms. "How long will you be there?!" Yanase continued as he kept struggling against sensei's arms. "Six weeks" Ijuuin answered in a low voice that made Yuu even more upset. "A month and a half?! What the...! You know, this is the kind of thing you are supposed to tell your partner!!" He said angrily "Let go of me!" he protested finally being able to stand up.

"Yanase- kun" Ijuuin called softly looking at him with a sad expression that made Yuu's chest ache. But tonight, his anger was greater than the uncomfortable pain sensation sensei's sad eyes sent through him. "I am going to sleep. Good Night, Ijuuin- sensei" He said and headed towards the guest room without turning to look back. It had been a good while since he hadn't slept in this bedroom. He would always sleep in sensei's bed whenever he spent the night here.

How could Ijuuin think that it was alright to just announce an upcoming trip to France when he had had almost a year to talk about it. Maybe if Kyo had done things correctly, he would've even considered going with him. "Before we started to go out! What a lame excuse!" he angrily whispered as he turned off the lights. He got under the covers still feeling furious when his mind started to drift away. Normally, Yuu wouldn't care about someone going away on a trip, but this was his boyfriend, they were together for a reason and they should be able to discuss this kind of plans. As he thought more and more about it, he couldn't help but feeling quite betrayed by Kyo and that fact only made him angrier. However, no matter how much he thought about it, Yuu could not deny that the biggest reasons behind his anger, was not only that sensei had kept quiet for so long, it was also how much he was going to miss Ijuuin while he was away.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hours had passed since their discussion, but Yuu still couldn't fall asleep. To make things worse, he had scheduled to work for Ijuuin- sensei the whole day tomorrow. Even if it was hard to admit, he knew the only way he was going to get some rest tonight was if sensei was next to him. He sighed in frustration and, for the 100th time, turned his body around and tried to fall asleep.

Not long had passed when he heard the door opening "Yanase- kun?" Ijuuin softly called almost as if he didn't want to wake him up. Despite wanting sensei to stay there with him, Yuu was still feeling upset "Go away" he responded sounding less assertive than he would've liked. Yuu felt sensei sitting next to him and softly starting to stroke his hair. Instinctively, he moved his head away from Kyo's hand. "I said go away" Yanase repeated turning to look at sensei.

Ijuuin was really good at hiding his emotions, he would often display a relaxed smile that made his expression unreadable. Tonight, however, he wore a very sad expression that Yuu hadn't really seen before. "I can't sleep" sensei said with a soft tone. "Not my problem" Yuu quickly told him. "Can I stay with you?" Ijuuin asked calmly looking down at him. Before Yuu could even answer, Kyo was already laying down next to him. He moved away from sensei's body, but his attempt was soon rendered useless as Ijuuin set his head to rest on Yuu's shoulder. The tender gesture made Yuu's blood turn warmer and he could feel his cheeks getting red. "I'm sorry" Ijuuin whispered as he put his arm around Yuu's waist. Yuu remained quiet and motionless until he noticed sensei had fallen asleep. The one usually in this kind of position was Yuu, so having Ijuuin falling asleep in his arms was a really nice change.

"Six weeks" he whispered feeling all his anger fading at the sight of sensei calmly resting on his shoulder. As he thought of how long a month and half really was, he quickly moved his arms to be around Ijuuin's head, carefully placing one hand on sensei's hair. He felt Kyo moving closer as soon as he hugged him, and whether he denied or not, that tiny move had made him happy. Just like he had guessed, having Ijuuin next to him immediately made him feel sleepy. Realizing how late it was, Yuu set his head to rest on sensei's and fell asleep.