Author Q&A

1. How were you introduced to JR and SH?

I was once watching a Yuri! On Ice clip on Youtube, and a full episode of Junjou Romantica appeared in the comments, so I decided to watch it. Then my goddaughter (who had already watched both animes) told me about it and from then, the rest is history hehe.

2. Who is your favorite and least favorite couple in the Junjou Romanticaverse? Why?

My favorite couple is the Egoist one, the reason being that they seemed more real than the others. They fight, they have insecurities, they are trying to live happily as a homosexual couple while still following success in their own careers. My least favorite couple is probably Usagi- san and Misaki. This mainly because of Misaki, he always does the exact opposite of what he is told and that results in trouble that Usagi- san has to solve for him.

3. What was the first BL you ever watched or read?

Junjou Romantica...I should've started with something a bit lighter like Gravitation but oh well \_(ツ)_/¯

4. How do you write the smut scenes so well?

Hehehe well first, thanks for the compliment ^.^and I have to say: it is not easy!! The smut chapters are the ones that I take the longest to write, I don't necessarily become shy when writing but I do become shy when editing them before publishing. I have used music with dirty lyrics as a sort of inspiration and of course, I have used and modified many scenes from other BL light novels, mangas and manwhas. 

I just think a BL is not complete without smut hehe

5. What drove you to write about this couple in particular?

I am a very cliché person, when I read and watched the stories of Yuu and Ijuuin- sensei in the manga and in the anime, I got 'em feels!! Then when Nakamura- sensei released a chapter indicating that Yuu and Ijuuin would be a couple, I was extremely happy...however, our dearest Nakamura- sensei publishes one or two chapters per year. So in the frustration of their story not being released yet, I decided to write one.

6. Which is your favorite smut scene of the ones you've written?

Omg...I really try not to read the smut scenes again once they get published. In fact, I haven't read any of my two novels at all after I published them. But if I had to choose, I would go for the shower smut scene of the first novel's part four. I think there were a lot of emotions involved in that particular scene with both characters being sad, I really hope I was able to picture those in my writing.

7. Have you ever seen Hybrid Child? Did you cry?

Omg...I cried so so much!! It was a really sweet and sad story and yea, my poor heart!

8. Favorite Uke and Seme?

Onodera and Nowaki for sure

9. Favorite manga?

Probably "Haru wo Daiteita" also known as "Embracing Love" is a mature BL, really well drawn and written...and most importantly: it is completed.

10. Favorite anime?

Tie between Black Butler and Attack on Titan.

11. How old are you? What do you study?

Hehehe two people asked about my age, I'm probably older than most people around here...I'm 24. I already graduated university and I have a stable job...but when life isn't so great, I take refuge in writing, anime, music, comics, anything that takes me far away.

12. Have you ever been in love?

Yes, I definitely have...not the best experience of my life. But I learned a lot from it and I am grateful, I still believe in true love and I definitely want to fall in love again...with the right person this time though hehe

13. Do you know Lezhin comics? If you do, which is your favorite manwha?

OMG!! I adore Lezhin Comics...I have read almost their entire collection of BL! Pretty cool site...my favorite, dang it is hard to pick. The ones I like the most are Lover Boy, Window to Window, Make Me Bark, Wolf In The House and A Guy Like You.

14. What are some of your interests?

I am a Biotechnologist, so well, I love science, experiments and I work with DNA. Other than that, I have waaaay to many hobbies for my own good hehe. I love movies (not horror ones), comics, like actual superhero comics...my favorite superhero is Flash. I love manga, anime, writing, singing and dancing. I dance Kpop often because I love Kpop, like really love it!

15. Why was Fujino- sensei written to be almost perfect?

Well, I wanted him to be perfect. Very organized, a hard worker and very handsome. Someone you would think has his life completely solved. I also wanted to emphasize the fact that he was very composed and calm in order to completely tear him apart when Yuu rejected him.

16. Can you give us a summary of the next story you'll be writing?

Right now, I have three stories in mind. One being a fanfic and the others being originals. The fanfic will be a collab with another amazing author, so that one is still a secret. The originals, well...one is a complementary story from this one and the other is about a bromance between Kpop idols. Obviously BL novels, so which would you like to see first?

17. From the fabulous Ruki- sempai: Have you read my book "Love after Heartbreak"? If so what do you think of it?

Of course I have read it...I LOVE IT!! I am sure I have voted in every part ^.^ reading Love after Heartbreak was a major inspiration for Specks of Light, I am sure you noticed some similarities to your own writing (please don't sue me). I think you captured Yuu's character better than I did and I think you're a magnificent writer. 

So if you're reading this and enjoyed Junjou Sentiment: The Case of Yanase Yuu and Specks of Light...you should totally go to Ruki- sempai's profile and check "Love After Heartbreak"