Part Five. Chapter 2: Friends

"No one has arrived yet, I see" Yuu noted stepping into Fujino's apartment. "Well, is still quite early, they should be here soon" Fujino said setting his jacket into the tiny closet he had in the genkan. "I noticed you haven't told Ijuuin- sensei that I know about your relationship" Aki commented walking towards the kitchen "Ah- no, he just arrived yesterday" Yuu replied trying to justify the reason behind his silence, and while that was partially true, he could not deny that he was kind of afraid of Ijuuin's reaction. Kyo was a calm person by nature and he would always have only nice things to say to Yuu but that didn't take away the possibility of him being genuinely upset about Yuu's carelessness. "Oh yea, I imagine you had better things to do than talking" Fujino commented with a little chuckle immediately making Yuu blush. "Fujino- sensei, may I ask you a question?" Yuu inquired trying to change the topic from what he had done the previous night. "How did you know about my problems with Ijuuin- sensei?" Yuu went on remembering how Fujino had hit the mark so effortlessly back in the street.

"Your problems?" Fujino asked taking a seat next to Yuu "You mentioned 'whoever was keeping sensei company'" Yuu replied sounding a little irritated, sure Fujino had to know what he was talking about. "I didn't know for sure, but Yuu- san, your eyes have been revealing a lot during these past weeks" Fujino said turning to look at him "I could clearly see that you were concerned about something. Had it been a family matter, you wouldn't have hesitated to say so, as any human being would do. So, given your silence, I figured it had to be something about your love life" he continued looking intensively at Yuu. No matter how much time passed, Yuu would always get a little uncomfortable being under the gaze of Fujino- sensei's blue eyes "So are you trying to tell me that you just figured it out?" Yuu asked looking down in an effort to escape Fujino's eyes. "Yes, let's just say...I have practice at it" Aki replied finally turning his gaze to the other side of the living room.

"So...Ijuuin- sensei was with someone in Paris, huh?" Fujino asked using a low tone. Yuu felt his blood running cold at the question, if Fujino hadn't known of his problems, then his most recent question had only served to confirm Aki's suspicions. Once again, he had been careless and now Fujino knew a lot more than what he needed to. "Ah- well" Yuu started to explain not really sure of what he should say "Don't be so guarded, Yuu- san. We're friends, aren't we? You can trust me just like I trust you" Fujino said getting on his feet to take something out of the refrigerator. 

Fujino was probably right, he had told Yuu his whole love story and despite the fact that he hadn't revealed any names, he had still trusted a secret of two years on Yuu. "I am not doubting him, if that is what you think" Yanase said trying to fully express his point. "It is only that I don't like the person he was with. She is troublesome and related to a troublesome person too" Yuu said feeling a little bit of anger growing inside him. While he had never really spoken a single word to the novelist Usami Akihiko- sensei or to his cousin, Usami Karuoko- san, it was enough to know how they had treated Ijuuin- sensei for Yuu to feel a bit upset towards them. "If the problem is the person he was with and not Ijuuin- sensei himself, then it should be easy to talk to him about it" Fujino commented handing him a coffee can "But be careful, even if you're uncomfortable with whoever his acquaintances are, you can't tell him who to see or who not to see" Aki continued drinking from his coffee can.

"What do you mean?" Yuu asked intrigued, Fujino's last statement had been quite interesting indeed. "Well, I mean that even if you don't like it, it's up to him who he chooses to hang out with and if he chooses someone you're uncomfortable with...well then that says a lot about just how little he actually cares about your feelings" Aki replied using a very serious tone "Of course, that only applies if Ijuuin- sensei knows of your displeasure with the person" he finished displaying a really confident smile. Yuu had never really thought about it this way and whether he liked it or not, Fujino did have a point. Ijuuin- sensei was more than aware of his feelings towards Karuoko- san but that hadn't stop him from hanging out with her while he was in Paris. The worst part of it all, was that Ijuuin had not said one single word to Yuu about those occasions, the times Yuu had found out that sensei was in her company, had been purely coincidental.

Yuu looked down in frustration realizing the accuracy of Fujino's words. "Anyway, why did Ijuuin- sensei had to go to Marukawa?" Fujino asked in a lighter tone. "A meeting about the winter festival" Yuu answered honestly with his mind still lost in thought. "That's nice, I had the same meeting a week ago" Aki replied smiling. "You'll be there too?" Yuu asked turning to look at him "Yes! Japun and Emerald will both have their own autograph stations at the festival with almost all the authors there" Fujino replied eagerly "Really? Are any novelists going too?" Yuu inquired sounding as casual as he could. "I heard of a few that will be attending" Aki answered making a troubled face that showed he was trying to remember all the names he had been told.  "The legendary Usami Akihiko is going for sure and there was also..." he explained with a serious tone. However, Yuu didn't care about the other names, because everything he wanted to know was if Usami- sensei would be there. "Don't you like Usami- sensei's work, Yuu- san?" Aki asked apparently noting the sour expression Yuu had made upon hearing the novelist's name. "Ah- no, I mean, it's not that" Yuu answered feeling a little flustered. "Mmm I see, well all I can say is that I am definitely looking forward to be there next to Ijuuin- sensei" Fujino commented rising an eyebrow.

The doorbell rang announcing the arrival of the rest of the assistant crew. Fujino quickly stood up and walked towards the genkan "Yuu- san, you can talk about anything with me and if you ever feel like he is not understanding you...then be sure, I'll be here to comfort you" Aki said as a conclusion to their previous conversation. Immediately after, he opened the door and greeted the assistants as they walked in. Yuu looked at his coffee can feeling quite perplexed, having someone to rely on was always good, but what exactly had he done to earn such attentions from Fujino- sensei in so little time?