Roke Na Ruke Naina

Back with the first Chapter of this short story, Roke Na Ruke Naina. . .

Enjoy:

Kolkata:

Crowded by loads of people, a man walks out, avoiding the questions that were thrown by the media and enters his black Mercedes Benz, the SUV range.

"As you can see, the worlds international business tycoon, Mr Sanskaar Maheshwari has come back to India after 18 years." The news reporter reveals to the whole India as she faces the camera.

"Who informed this media?" The man, who is known as Sanskaar, says in an irked tone as the car starts drifting away from the eyes of the media.

"We don't know sir, we made sure the news doesn't leak from our side but I think it's your Uncle, Mr Durgaprasad Maheshwari who must've leaked in excitement by the news of your arrival." His driver utters as he drives.

Sanskaar sighs and looks away and outside of the window, remembering the somewhat familiar routes, but what will he remember after these 18 years?

****

"Why is this dress here?! Why isn't it on the model in the show?!"

"Ma'am, we. . ."

"Enough! Am I the boss or are you! I told you that I want to see this dress on the model for the fashion show but why the hell is she wearing that tacky green?!"

"Swara, cool. . . I asked him not to make her wear this." A voice utters and reveals the woman shouting to be Swara, Swara Gadodia.

"Why Kavita?!" Swara angrily and sternly asks as she eyes the voice, who is Kavita, a model.

"Because I want to wear this to the final showdown, this is a gorgeous dress and I'm sure it's enough to make those loser of a models out there to seem nothing in front of it." Kavita tells, calming Swara's anger.

"Okay fine." Swara sighs looks at her Secretary, who she was earlier shouting at and the secretary walks forward, grabbing on the two handles behind Swara's wheelchair, pushing her and taking her away from the designers block.

"Now the world's eyes would be on Kavita after this dress will be adorned on her body." Kavita self-talks and smirks as she eyes the glittery gold dress that is lying in front of her.

**

"And now, for the final round, let's bring out the models!" The man, who is representing the show says and everyone clap.

Swara, who was sitting down in between the crowd, confidently as she trusts Kavita.

Kavita walks out in the sizzling gold glittery dress, already pulling everyone's eyes towards her as she walks down the ramp. Swara releases a sigh of relief, knowing what the results would be.

The other models also walk down, but their eyes are also glued on the DRESS Swara designed, not on Kavita.

After the ramp-walks, it was time to declare the results.

"The winner of MFCA 2017 is. . ." Silence spread as soon as the announcement was to take place, everyone were eagerly waiting for the results though they know who the winner would be. Swara relaxes back onto her wheelchair, waiting for her name to be called out.