Chapter 37

Neverland

Neverland. Regina was teaching Emma magic. David, Snow, Rosalina, and Toby were just watching.

"Focus. Concentrate." Regina ordered.

"It's kind of hard when you're talking in my ear," Emma told her.

"And when the wind blows or it's raining, or... someone's shooting arrows at you. Yes, concentration's hard. That's the point. Find your anger and use it to focus." Regina ordered.

"No, there has to be a way without going dark," Emma argued.

"You're such a pathetic waste of ability!" Regina yelled.

"And you're a monster!" Emma snapped.

"Smell that?" Regina smirked.

"What," Emma asked.

"Smoke." Regina pointed to the fireplace.

Emma managed to make fire.

"This is a bad idea," David whispered.

"She has it in her. She should learn to use it. We just have to trust her." Snow whispered.

"Yeah, it's not Emma I don't trust," David whispered.

"Blue taught me magic. Why can't I teach her?" Rosalina whispered.

"You don't have magic at the moment and you've spent years without magic. You're out of practice." Snow whispered.

"I don't understand how Blue taught you. She's a fairy their magic is different." Toby whispered.

"Well, she managed to teach me," Rosalina whispered.

Hook walked up to them.

"We need to talk. Pan paid me a visit. He, uh, he told me that Neal is alive, that he's on this very island." Hook whispered.

Impossible... Rosalina thought.

"Emma saw him. He was shot. He fell through a portal. No one could survive that." Snow whispered.

"Well, he did, and now he's here. He said he took him from this very camp while we were off in his cave." Hook whispered.

"According to Pan, if he's telling the truth. And, uh, why would he tell you? What does he hope to gain?" Rosalina whispered.

"Who knows why he does anything? He has his reasons, but it's a sure bet they're not good ones." Hook whispered.

"He's telling the truth." Snow spoke up as they all walked up to a broken branch

"Tracks and a scuffle. Someone was here while we were gone. We have to tell her." Snow insisted.

"No, no, no. She already lost Neal once. And if this is a game, we can't put her through losing him again." David stopped her.