V. Robin

Frustrating hours past as I worked, and before I could even try to get into bed, I fell asleep. Slade was... Like a shadow. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't find anything new on him, and if I did, it was probably a false lead that he had set up himself.

The alarms rang and woke me up in the morning. I was hoping for Slade, of course, in a safe manner. That is, not choking Sonic and threatening something of ours for his safety.

I ran to find everyone else, even Sonic, already downstairs in the living room. The daylight hurt my eyes. I hadn't realized how late I had gotten to sleep and how late in the day it was.

"What's the deal, Cyborg?" I demanded.

"Afternoon to you, too. And we're not sure." He admitted. I wanted to melt. "There's someone in the building. They're moving fast, and they don't seem to be after anything. Not even Sonic."

So it probably isn't Slade, I thought, glancing at the hedgehog. He looked completely unaware of anything that was going on, just wondering why he was woken up so early. But I didn't want to keep that thought in my mind. After all, not all that many people infiltrated our system and got away with it.

Whoever it was was going through the hallways like it was a game. They obviously wanted to be caught and were just toying us. "Okay, everyone split up. Just get this guy caught and out of here."

"Even me?" Sonic yawned.

I blinked. If it was Slade, that would be dangerous, but him doing nothing would be dangerous, too... "Yeah. This won't take long."

He sped off quickly, as if he really needed another three hours of sleep after we caught this guy. "Titans, move!" And then, everyone else sped off.

The hallways weren't all that big, but even as we were tracking him, they moved, too, so keeping even partly up with him was hard. If Sonic even had the mentality to look down at his wrist every minute or so...

"Sonic!" I called through the communicator. "Come in, Sonic!"

"What?" He yelled as if he had gotten caught off track. "What do you want?"

"You could get this guy in about three seconds if you used the tracker." I told him. "You know, on your wrist?"

"But I-"

There was a screeching before I got a giant bump on my head from Sonic running into me. Both of us were oh-so heroically sprawled out in pain, vulnerable, wanting to scream at the other for being such an idiot. "You see, there's a reason you pay attention to the road when you drive!" He was able to speak before I was.

"Well, I doubt you're tall enough to drive!" I shouted back. Stupid small animal.

"This love..." It was... a woman's voice. Like Starfire's, except... not quite the same. "Is a lot like the love of siblings! Robin, I didn't know you were such an... Animal." She purred.

"Blackfire!" I shouted, but the only thing I could think about was how much Starfire hated her. "Why would you come here?!"

"Easy, tiger." She said calmly. "I'm not here for you this time."

"Oh, I guess she does look a lot like Starfire." Sonic noticed, rubbing the bump on his head. (Good job, dude...)

"I may look like her, but we're nothing in comparison." She flipped her hair. "I'm cooler and I know about that friend you're - oops!" She was speaking to Sonic, and was directly trying to gain his support and trust. "Did I speak out of line?"

"What?!" Sonic asked.

"We don't want to listen to anything you have to say, traitor." I told her. In retrospect, it might have been a good idea to have listened to her.