VI. Robin

Cyborg and I got into the T-Ship, which was the slowest way to get to the city. Sonic got there in less than a minute, Starfire and Beast Boy flew, and Raven just... disappeared.

In the T-Ship, I watched each of them on their communicators as they travelled. It was a bit stalker-ish, but... I'm not really sure why Cyborg programmed it in.

"So, we're looking for a jewel?" I asked Sonic over the communicator. If that thing hadn't been waterproof, he would have fried his wrist.

It took him a few seconds to reply. "Thanks for scaring the - is that...?! No, that's just Raven. What did you want?"

"The jewel." I repeated. "Is there anything else you can tell us besides 'gem'?"

"Okay, fine." Sonic sighed. "It looks like a giant diamond, and it might be either green, red, blue... a lighter blue... uh... yellow, clear... or... Hm. I can't think of the last color."

"Think of a rainbow. Maybe... Pink? Orange? Black?"

"A black Chaos Emerald?" Sonic snickered as if it was the most ridiculous thing he had ever heard. "Definitely not. And not pink or orange... Raven! It's purple! Green, red, blue, indigo, yellow, white, and purple!"

"Yay." I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, at least I remembered. It just took me a minute."

"Actually," Cyborg interrupted, "according to the clock in here, it was two minutes and forty five seconds."

"Okay, so as I was saying," Sonic said, "They also give off this light glow, so look for that."

It took about five minutes to arrive to the city, and although everyone else was there, I would say that was a decent speed. The six of us were standing around, as if waiting for my orders. "Okay, so let's split up. Cyborg, you go with Beast Boy and Sonic. And don't go get pizzas..."

Beast Boy's big, innocent smile vanished. "But there's the awesome pizza joint we haven't gotten to show-"

"Raven, you come with me and Starfire. This way, we have two teams that have a general idea about where the Emerald might be."

"Besides the fact they'll slow me down..." I heard Sonic mutter. He shrugged when I folded my arms and looked at him.

"Stay with the group, Sonic." I said as intimidatingly as possible. He seemed to get the message at least a little. "I don't want to have to rescue you from Slade."

"Fine, fine." He said.

"Titans, go!" I shouted.

"What makes you think Sonic's not going to run off away from his group?" Raven asked.

I took a deep breath. "Nothing. I'm starting to think this was a really bad idea. But Cyborg and Beast Boy will call us if anything happens, and at least you two can get there... fast enough."

"Do not worry." Starfire tried to assure me. "His instincts will... hopefully keep him alive."

"I'll try not to. So where are we going, Raven?"

The first place we went to was an old warehouse that had been abandoned for years. It was dusty and old, and though it wasn't big, it took about twenty minutes to search through the entire thing. And the only thing we were looking for was a glow!

Each time Raven felt even a slight strange shift in dimensional power... or something, we stopped to check it out. Whether it was an alley or a store that sold electronics, it was always a dead end.

Twenty minutes wasted here, twenty minutes wasted there... Slade hunting here, Slade hunting there... Where was anything? Why did I fail so bad searching for the things I needed most? And what if Blackfire was completely lying and the Chaos Emeralds weren't even on our planet? It could all be a ploy.