Chapter 2: Together & Late Nights

Hey, I'm back with the second chapter! I'm listening to the audio of Be More Chill and I Am Loving it so much so far! Anyway, enjoy!

~~~

“Alex!” a familiar voice called as the immigrant was walking back to his apartment.

He ignored it. He wanted to be alone. He wanted to break out in tears. He didn’t want to deal with anybody.

“Alex?! Wait up!” the voice continued and it was accompanied this time with quickened footsteps.

Alexander sniffed and looked up annoyed. He saw it was Thomas and avoided his gaze.

“What’s wrong?” Thomas asked confused.

“Nothing,” Alex mumbled.

“Oh, come on. I know you, Alex.”

“I said m’fine. Can you just...leave me alone? I’ve had a rough day and I just need to sleep,” Alexander rubbed his face tiredly.

“I’m sorry...professors being annoying?” Thomas smirked.

“As always,” Alex rolled his eyes.

“Heh, uh, so, anyway...I’ve been doing some thinking and...we may have to take this slowly, but...I think I’m ready to get back together,” Thomas stammered as he grabbed ahold of Alexander’s hand.

Alex froze in his spot. Thomas wanted him back? He was going to trust him again? He looked into Thomas’ eyes and he saw sincerity and love. Alex shook his head. No, he couldn’t let Thomas back in. He didn’t want him to get hurt. Thomas looked at Alex, confused by his reaction.

“You...you don’t seem too happy about this,” Thomas voiced his thoughts.

“I...Thomas...I love you, truly...I really love you, and...what I did to you...what I made you go through...it was unforgivable...you don’t deserve me,” Alex said, tears slowly creeping down his face.

“Alex, what are you talking about?” Thomas asked.

“Thomas, I want you back, really I do, but I don’t want to break your heart ever again.”

“A-”

“No! I’m sorry, but you have to let me go!” Alex cried. “If you won’t break up with me, then I’ll break up with you!”

“Alexander!”

Alex ran off to his room, tears blurring his vision. Thomas followed him and knocked on the door, which was locked.

“Alexander, let me in! “ Thomas called out.

“Leave me alone! You don’t deserve me!” Alex sobbed out.

“Look, I know what happened, but I forgive you, okay!? You don’t have to do this!” Thomas begged. “Can’t we just talk about this!?”

“No! Thomas, if you love me, let me go, please!”

“No! Alexander, listen to me! I love you! I’m willing to fight for you!”

“Thomas, please don’t use Heathers to try and win me back!” Alex yelled.

“I’m going to stay out here until you’re done spouting nonsense!” Thomas exclaimed as he sat down outside the door.

“Just go to Burr and Madison. Leave me alone.”

“Alexander, I love you...please just let me in.”

Silence followed afterwards. The silence lasted for at least an hour and a half before Thomas got a text message.

To Thomas: r u still out there?

To Alex: y dont u open the door and see?

A click was heard before the door opened to reveal a disheveled Alexander. His eyes were puffy and super red, his hair was a mess, and he was still wiping his nose. Thomas stood up quickly, so quick in fact that he got dizzy. He looked at Alexander, who stared back at him. After a moment of staring, Alex pulled Thomas into a deep kiss, his hands in his curls. Thomas quickly caught on and pushed Alexander into the room and tapped the door closed before placing his hands on his back and returning the kiss lovingly. This kiss lasted for at least a minute, but it was the best minute of their lives at the moment.

When they finally let go, their breathing was in sync, and their eyes met each other with nothing but love.

“I’m sorry,” Alex commented.

“I love you,” Thomas pulled Alex into a hug, “which also means I trust you.”

“I love you too, Thomas,” Alex squeezed Thomas as more tears fell. “I love you so f**king much.”

~~~

Aaron was pacing back and forth in his room, awaiting his boyfriend’s return. He had no idea why James would be so late in coming home from classes.

To James: where r u?!

He’s sent the same exact text every half an hour for five hours. Aaron knew James’ last class ended at noon, so why wouldn’t he be home?

Maybe he was studying at the library? The computer lab? Eating food?

The door opened, and in stumbled a very tired-looking James Madison.

“James?” Aaron ran to him worried. James was about to fall, but Aaron caught him. “Whoa, are you okay? Where were you?”

“Hmm?” James mumbled and lay tiredly on Aaron’s chest. “Mmm.”

Aaron sighed and rubbed James’ back comfortably. “Shh, it’s okay. You’re home now, that’s all that matters. Go on to sleep, I’m here.”

“Mmm,” James grunted as Aaron kissed his forehead.

“I expect an explanation tomorrow, okay?”

“Mmhmm.” James hummed and finally fell asleep in Aaron’s embrace.

Aaron silently chuckled as he carefully brought James to their bed. He cut off the bedside lamp and quietly muttered, “I love you.” to James before letting the quiet snores of James Madison lull him to sleep.

~~~

(858 words)

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! If you did, pls leave a vote/comment! I'll see you on Friday! Love you guys, bye!