Chapter 3: Southerners

Don't know why I named it Southerners but oh well. Enjoy!

~~~

James woke up in Aaron’s arms. He didn’t move a muscle. Waking up Aaron would be bad for him. He carefully watched Aaron, searching for signs of waking up. After the tenth snore, he was convinced that his boyfriend was still sleeping peacefully.

The Virginian carefully maneuvered his way out of the bed and successfully left said bed without waking Aaron. He sighed in relief and quietly grabbed everything he’d need for today. He checked the time on his phone and figured he had about an hour before his first job of the day started. Just enough time to take a quick shower and run out without being noticed.

James walked into their bathroom with clean clothes and closed the door. He reached into the cabinet after starting the shower water. The cabinet was where he kept his money because he knew Aaron never used the cabinets in the bathroom. He checked the amount of money he had.

James sighed, “only 700 dollars...a thousand and nine dollars to go...plus tax.”

He placed the money back in the cabinet and stripped off his clothes. Stepping into the shower, he felt the water tap his back rhythmically. A knock on the door interrupted his peaceful shower.

“James? Can I come in?” he heard Aaron’s raspy voice. His morning voice, as James liked to call it.

“Yeah, hun,” James bit his tongue.

Sometimes he wished he wasn’t so Southern.

Aaron chuckled nonetheless and opened the door, making sure to quickly close it to make sure James’ warm shower would stay warm.

The two of them were quiet, the only sound was the shower running and the quiet sound of clothes coming off.

“Mind if I join you?” Aaron asked curiously. “Don’t worry, I’m not dirty minded, just thought it’d save water if we shared.”

“Of course you can join, sugar,” James groaned at the stupid Southern drawl that only made an appearance in the early mornings when he was really tired.

Aaron only laughed as he entered the shower. “You should start talking like that more, it really suits you.”

“Shut up,” James mumbled, unseen blush creeping on his cheeks. “What are you doing up so early anyway?”

“I should be asking you the same question,” Aaron replied seriously. “James, what’s going on?”

“What do you mean? Nothing-”

“James, you literally came home five hours after your last class and fell asleep the moment you walked in last night,” Aaron told him. “This past week has been utter h*ll for you, don’t think I haven’t noticed. You sneak away early in the morning and come home late and you’re really starting to concern me. Is everything okay?”

James stayed quiet for a while, admiring his boyfriend’s amazing observational skills. He sighed and came part-way clean.

“The truth is...I’ve been working...a lot,” he said. “I’ve been saving my money for something important I want to give to someone and it’s super expensive so I decided to get a bunch of jobs to help me pay for everything.”

“Why didn’t you ask me for help paying for it? You know I’m a trust fund baby, right?” Aaron asked placing a hand on James’ shoulder.

“It just...it would feel like I’m taking advantage of you, besides...I want to do this, it’s very important to me...I have to do this by myself,” James looked at Aaron.

“James, you know I’m always willing to help, and you wouldn’t be taking advantage of me,” Aaron replied, kissing James on the cheek, but James redirected it to his lips.

Once they released, they smiled at each other.

“I love you, James,” Aaron said. “If you ever need anything, I’m always here.”

“I love you too, Aaron, and I know,” James hugged Aaron close.

~~~

Alexander woke up to familiar arms wrapped around his waist and familiar soft breathing next to him. He smiled, remembering the events of last night. Thomas was his again, and he wasn’t going to mess it up this time. He snuggled closer to his boyfriend, missing his warmth and presence.

Unfortunately, the slight movement made Thomas stir a bit. The Virginian’s eyes fluttered opened and looked down to meet Alexander’s sleepy eyes.

“Mornin’, darling,” Thomas sighed through a yawn.

“Hey,” Alex smiled up and placed a soft kiss on his chin. “I missed this.”

“What? Waking up next to me?”

“And hearing your morning, Southern drawl,” Alex added.

“You should hear Jemmy’s Southern drawl in the morning,” Thomas giggled.

“Wait...James has one too?!”

“Mmhm! He’s from Virginia too, ya know.”

“Oh my gosh! We totally have to have a sleepover with James,” Alexander squealed excitedly. “I’m texting him now!”

“He’s probably not up yet, besides, it only comes out when he’s extremely tired in the morning,” Thomas let Alex out of his grip so he could grab his phone.

“Then we’ll wake him up early!”

To James: hey, wanna sleep over with me and thomas tonite?

“Did you seriously just text him a sleepover invitation?” Thomas laughed.

“Yup!” Alex smiled widely.

“You are such a kid, Lexy,” Thomas rolled his eyes as he started to get up.

Alex kept him down with a whine, “Where are you going?”

“I gotta get up, I have a class,” Thomas explained.

“Aww, stay,” Alex pouted and held his boyfriend closer.

“Sorry, Alex, I gotta go. I only have one class today, so we can do whatever you want when I get back,” Thomas tried to reason.

“Pleeeeeaaaaasssseeee,” Alex begged, “Wouldn’t you rather stay cuddled next to me?? You can miss one day, can’t you???”

“Alexander, don’t tempt me, please,” Thomas deadpanned. “I’ll be back before you know it.”

“Okay, have fun without me,” Alex’s pout grew.

Thomas smirked and kissed the pout right off of his face. Alexander quickly composed himself and kissed back passionately. Once they let go, they grinned at each other.

“I’m glad we got back together,” Thomas commented.

“So am I,” Alex agreed. “I love you.”

“I love you too, Alex.”

~~~

(1005 words)

JUST A BUNCH OF FLUFF!!! Ahem...sorry. I kinda wanted to focus a little more on Burr and Madison's relationship in this book as well, so look forward to that. Next chapter is...you'll see. Someone commented they hate the Schuyler Sisters other than Eliza in this fanfic...I have a feeling you're gonna hate Eliza too...but that's all I'm spoiling. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! If you did, please leave a vote or comment and I will see you all on Monday! Love you guys! Bye!