Chapter 10: How to Fix a Relationship

Have fun!

~~~

The next class Alexander had with Thomas was not going to be pretty, he could tell. He had called Thomas by his last name the last time they chatted. The last time they chatted, they argued. Lafayette still probably hated his guts, probably hated him even more than before.

Watching the door, he saw Thomas walk in, Lafayette right behind him. Thomas looked over to Alexander and smirked. What was he planning?

"Morning, Hamilton," he greeted and Alexander could hear his heart shatters falling to the ground.

"Jefferson," he mumbled in reply.

So, they were back on last name basis. That's okay. Alexander could still fix this...right?

~~~

James was on his way to the jewelry store with his money. He finally had enough to pay for the ring he wanted. He was so excited to finally have the ring in his possession. Was he ready to propose, though? He wished he could say yes, but he kept getting nervous every time he thought about it. How was he going to do it? With a dinner date? A random walk around the park? Just asking, 'will you marry me?'

James sighed as he found a parking spot at McNamara's Jewels. He got out and walked into the shop. Upon entering, James saw the owner, Michael McNamara, smile.

"Hello, sir! You're Mr. Madison, correct?" McNamara said.

"Yes, sir. I'm here to pick up the ring I saw when I last came here," James offered a small smile.

"Ah, yes...about that...I sold the last one a couple of days ago," he told James.

"...I'm sorry, what?" James almost sobbed.

"I apologize, I thought I had more of the rings in the back, but I just found out I didn't."

"Great...that's just great," James muttered.

"Feel free to check out any other rings-"

"I needed that specific ring. It was perfect for him...when are you getting more in stock?" James asked.

"It could be weeks, it could be months, depends."

"Can I give you my number so you can tell me when more are in stock?" James questioned desperately.

"Of course, Mr. Madison."

So, James gave Mr. McNamara his phone number and left the shop.

~~~

To James: hey, wanna go 2 dinner Friday night?

To Aaron: sure. What time?

To James: does 7 work for your schedule?

To Aaron: i'm free for the rest of the school year, so yeah.

To James: wait, did you get fired from all of those jobs?!

To Aaron: no no, i just quit. I've made enough for that thing i wanna buy.

To James: aww, congratulations! Did you get it?

To Aaron: not yet, they're out of stock, so I have to wait for it.

To James: well, sometimes, you gotta be patient.

To Aaron: true that.

To Aaron: I'll text you later, i'm about 2 start driving.

To James: kk, love you, James.

To Aaron: I love you too, Aaron.

To James: <3

To Aaron: <3 <3

~~~

Washington rubbed his head as he watched the two boys debate angrily. Thomas and Alexander have been at it for hours now. The class was over and it was only the three of them, including himself.

What had gone wrong?! He thought Alexander fixed the problem. Now they were back to where they were years ago?

"You're stupid!" Jefferson yelled.

"You're stupider, you Francophile!" Alexander growled.

"I am not a Francophile!"

"Are too!"

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"BOYS!" Washington yelled and the two of them stopped.

They both turned to the professor nervously.

"What happened to you two?" he asked. "You used to be so in love and now you're back to being enemies."

"It's Hamilton's fault," Jefferson grumbled crossing his arms and looking away from Alex.

"My fault!? I tried to fix it! I tried to make it up to you! I brought you flowers and you go and find someone else-"

"I told you, Angelica's only a friend!" Jefferson shouted angrily, hot tears flowing quickly down his face. "You're the one who won't believe me! You're the one who broke up with me! You're the one who cheated on me! You're the one I still love to this day and you're the one who won't see it! So yes, Hamilton, this is all your fault!"

"Thomas..." Alex whispered and tried to touch Thomas' shoulder, but the taller man flinched away.

"Don't touch me!" Thomas screeched and picked up his backpack to leave the room.

"No! Wait, come back!" Alex called and grabbed his bag before running after him.

Once Alex caught up to Thomas, he grabbed his shoulder and turned him around to face him.

"Why can't you just leave me alone?!" Thomas sobbed.

"...Because I love you too much," Alex said quietly. "Because I screwed up. Because I f**ked with your emotions. Because I f**ked with your heart. Because I can't have a more-than-decent relationship with a boy I like. Because I'm a screw up. Because I'm an a**hole. Because I don't know how to shut up. Because I want you back, but I don't want to break your heart again. B-because..." Alexander couldn't finish as he started breaking down in tears. "I'm sorry."

Thomas hugged Alexander tightly and the smaller boy hugged him back as if he were his lifeline. "I'm sorry too."

"You have nothing to be sorry for, I promise. It's all my fault."

"No, I almost gave up on you," Thomas sniffled. "I didn't think you'd ever come back, and if you did, you would regret it and break up with me again."

"I regret breaking up with you. I regret hurting you like this!"

"Then, let's stop all of this drama and just be together," Thomas suggested, wiping his eyes. "I love you, you love me, so let's love each other and forget the rest of the world."

"How do we forget the rest of the world?" Alexander sniffled, looking up into Thomas' eyes.

"We go to Monticello."

~~~

(997 words)

ROAD TRIIIIIPPPPP!!!! Ahem, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! If you did, you know what to do! I'll see you guys on Wednesday! Love you all, bye!

I Don't Deserve You (A Jamilton College AU)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें