Chapter 19: Rage and Storms

“F**KING BLUE SHELL!!” Alex yelled and Thomas laughed as he sped by.

“So long, sucker!” Thomas called out.

“No! NO! YOU F**KING CHEATED!!”

“I thought you said you were good at this,” Thomas taunted.

“I am! Just wait til the next race!” Alex argued.

“Lex, we've been playing all day and you haven't beaten me yet,” Thomas deadpanned. “I think we can both agree that I'm better at Mario Kart than you are.”

“I DEMAND A REMATCH!!” Alex fumed.

Thomas laughed while Alex pouted and crossed his arms.

“Stop laughing at me,” Alex whined.

“I can't, you're just too funny, Lexy,” Thomas said between laughs.

“I hate you.”

“No you don't.”

“Stop laughing, Thomas,” Alex growled.

“Make me,” Thomas challenged and wiped his eyes.

Alex’s eyes sparkled deviously. Thomas looked over at him with a raised eyebrow.

“What's with that face?” Thomas asked.

“Payback,” Alex smirked and started tickling Thomas, who fell into another fit of giggles.

“I thought you were-hahahaha-supposed to make me stop laughing,” Thomas squirmed under Alex’s wiggling fingers.

“Yeah, I decided not to,” Alex stated with a smile. “I love hearing you laugh.”

After a minute, Alex stopped tickling Thomas. The Virginian giggled and tried to catch his breath.

“We should get to bed,” Thomas suggested.

“Aww, is it that time already?” Alex asked as he yawned.

“Yep,” Thomas smiled and got off of the couch.

“But I was having fun,” Alex pouted.

“We can do this again tomorrow if you want,” Thomas shrugged.

“Can we?!” Alex beamed.

“It's settled,” Thomas laughed.

The two of them walked up the stairs to their rooms.

“Goodnight, Lexy,” Thomas smiled.

“Goodnight, Tommy,” Alex smiled back.

~~~

TUESDAY

Four o’clock in the morning was when Thomas Jefferson woke up. He had no idea why, but when he heard the thunder outside, he instantly knew why.

He stretched and yawned before removing the blanket over him. He drowsily made his way over to Alex’s bedroom.

“Lex? You okay?” Thomas mumbled.

“T-T-Tommy?” just hearing his voice broken like that, worried Thomas.

“Shh, it's okay, baby, I'm right here,” Thomas hurried to get in the bed with him.

He instantly wrapped his arms around Alex protectively.

“Tommy,” Alex sobbed brokenly.

“Sshh, I'm here, you're here, everything's okay,” Thomas cooed.

“Safe?”

“Yes, Alex, we’re both safe. We’re in Monticello in Virginia. Everything's perfectly fine. I've got you, baby. I've got you.”

“Promise?”

“I promise.”

Alex sniffled and wrapped his arms around Thomas, hugging him tightly.

“There we go, relax, you’re okay. Just go back to sleep,” Thomas said softly.

Thanks to Thomas’ gentle whispering, Alex was able to fall back to sleep easily.

~~~

“You still suck at this game,” Thomas commented on their third race that day.

“It’s cuz we’re on 100CC. I’m only used to 50CC,” Alex pouted.

“You’re still at the beginner’s level? What a baby,” Thomas teased and Alex growled.

“Well, it’s not my fault my friends were obsessed with the easy rounds.”

“Aww, did I hurt your feelings?” Thomas taunted.

“Shut up, Thomas.”

“I did, didn’t I?”

“F**k you.”

“You wish.” Thomas smirked.

“Why do you keep saying that!?” Alex asked.

“Cuz you wish to have sex with me,” Thomas smiled.

“N-no, n-no I don’t, you don’t have proof of that! I never said that! Though, I would like too, but I don’t think our relationship is ready for that, I mean I know what happened with Laurens, but...I’m rambling, aren’t I?”

“Yeah, you seem to do that a lot,” Thomas smiled.

“Sorry.”

“No, no! It’s one of the things I love about you.”

“And this is one of the things I love about you! You always find a way to compliment me and make me feel like a good person, even though I can be so s**tty.”

Thomas wrapped his arms around Alex caringly. They sat there like that for a minute before they continued to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for the rest of the day.

~~~

(668 words)

Short and to the point. I don't think I've said this cuz I just processed this, but thank you all so much for over one thousand reads and over two thousand on the first one! I'm really happy to see that so many people are reading and enjoying my Hamilton stories! Anyway, I gotta go. Dream Daddy is calling my name. Love you guys and see you all on Wednesday! Bye!