Chapter 18: Video Games and Emotions

When the two of them got home at around five, they both agreed that they wanted to continue watching Steven Universe until they fell asleep.

“Where did we leave off at?” Thomas asked digging into his mac and cheese that he prepared for them.

“Um...the episode where Steven kept getting these weird dreams of Lapis,” Alex tried to explain.

“Oh, okay, so we’re on Cry For Help. Oh, I love this episode and the ones to come! Get ready for a new fusion!” Thomas began to search for the episode.

“Wait, new fusion!?” Alex gasped. “I love the fusions!”

“Who’s your favorite fusion so far?” Thomas asked.

“Hmm...it’s hard to pick between Stevonnie and Garnet. Ooh! But I also really like Opal. And Alexandrite, but that’s only because we almost share the same name. Sugilite is also really cool, but she’s really destructive.”

“Well, wait until you meet Sardonyx,” Thomas smirked. “Guess which two fuse to make her.”

“Hmm...Pearl and Garnet. They’re the only two who haven’t fused yet. This is going to be exciting.”

Thomas laughed and started the episode.

When Sardonyx was introduced, Alex squealed, “She's instantly my new favorite!”

“Good, cuz she's my favorite too,” Thomas smiled and wrapped an arm around Alex.

They finished season two before they dozed off to sleep on the couch for the second night in a row.

~~~

MONDAY

The next morning, Alex woke up alone. He looked around for Thomas, but he wasn't in sight. He smelled something delicious cooking and assumed he was in the kitchen making breakfast.

Alex got up and stretched as he made his way to the bathroom to quickly take care of hygiene. After he finished, he jogged to the kitchen to see Thomas in an apron cooking breakfast.

“I thought it was Sally’s job to feed us,” Alex commented and Thomas jumped, obviously startled.

“Good morning to you too,” Thomas gasped. “I gave her the week off. Coffee’s in the coffee machine if you want some.”

“Thomas, don’t you know me by now? I never say no to coffee,” Alex chuckled and got a mug and poured a full cup of coffee in. “Thanks.”

“Mhmm. Breakfast should be ready in a minute,” Thomas informed. “Creamer’s in the fridge and sugar’s by the coffee machine.”

“Thanks, but no thanks. I like my coffee black,” Alex smiled and sipped his coffee.

“Not even a little bit of sugar?” Thomas asked.

“Nope. I just like it plain because I use it for the energy, not the taste,” Alex shrugged.

“Disgusting.”

“You're disgusting.”

Alex laughed and left the kitchen, sitting at the dining room table. Not even five minutes later, breakfast was served.

“This both smells and looks good,” Alex commented.

“It’s called food,” Thomas winked.

“Har-har, very funny, Thomas.”

Alex tasted the french toast and instantly moaned in delight.

“Oh my God, this is the best french toast I have ever tasted in my entire life,” Alex complimented.