Chapter 7: Hangovers, Angry Frenchmen, and Apologies

Is it okay if I'm obsessed with four musicals now??? I think I have a serious problem...

~~~

Thomas woke up with a massive headache and blankets wrapped around his shirtless body. He groaned and looked down at himself. Only his shirt had come off, he was in the safe zone. He looked over to the nightstand to see a glass of water, two pills in a pack, and a little note. Thomas groaned and reached for the note first.

Dear Thomas,

I have gone to class and left you some Tylenol and a glass of water for your hangover. I want you to stay in my room and rest yourself! I will tell your professors of your absence. If you are wondering about what happened last night...let’s just say you’re a very clingy drunk. I will inform you later if you so wish. I have to go, mon ami. I will see you when I return. I will check on you at lunch time.

~Lafayette

P.s. oh, and the reason you are shirtless is because in the middle of the night, you threw up on yourself, so I took it off for you.

P.p.s. I’m serious about not leaving. I will collect your assignments for you, you just stay in bed and watch tv or something. You need a day off.

“Lafayette, you are once again a godsend,” Thomas whispered to himself as he settled back into the sheets to return to his slumber.

~~~

Alexander looked around the classroom in the class he shared with Thomas. Alexander waited and waited for the Virginian to walk in, but he never came. He began to worry about him, but he had to remember...he needed to keep his mind off of him.

He sighed, refocusing on the laptop that sat on his desk in front of him. He was so focused, he startled when Hercules pat his shoulder.

“Hey, you okay?” he asked.

“I...I’m fine,” Alexander smiled. “Mr. Washington's teaching the class and I'm actually going to be positive about-”

“ALEXANDER!” someone screeched angrily.

“Uh-oh, sounds like the Frenchman’s angry,” Hercules feared.

When the door slammed open, Lafayette stood there, rage fuming from him.

“Mayday...you might wanna run, Alex,” Hercules worried.

Before Alexander even had a chance to run, Lafayette had made his way to the short immigrant.

“Care to explain what went down yesterday?!” he yelled, despite his obvious hangover.

“Laf-”

“No, you can say goodbye to your nickname privileges! I cannot believe you would break his heart like that! I have never seen my Thomas so upset! You broke him, Alexander! You-”

“Laf, chill out!” Hercules defended him. “Thomas isn't the only one upset about this!”

“You traitor! How dare you!? I do not wish to talk to you!”

“But he has his reasons,” Hercules replied.

“Why? I just want to know...what did Thomas do to cause you to hurt him?” Lafayette asked.

“...” Alex, for once, didn't say anything at all.

“Go on! Prove your point!” Lafayette taunted. “You always loved to prove your point, right!? Then prove it!”

Alexander looked at Lafayette’s angry face and couldn't stop the tears from falling. Without a word, Alex ran out of the classroom just as George Washington was about to walk in.