Chapter 21: Resparking the Flame

Enjoy.

~~~

“Thank you for dinner, it was great,” Alex smiled as he grabbed the car keys for Thomas.

“It was our pleasure,” Mary smiled.

“Wait, you guys are gonna leave now?” Anna asked sadly.

“Yeah, kiddo,” Thomas kneeled down to her height.

“Why can't you spend the night?” She pouted.

“Because...I don't want my birds to die. You remember my bird sanctuary, right?”

“Wait...you have a bird sanctuary!?” Alex asked excitedly.

“Yeah, I wanted to surprise you later in the week, but somebody just had to know why I can't stay over,” Thomas said.

“I'm sorry! I didn't know! Mister! Pretend you didn't hear that!!”

“Anna, you can call me Alex,” Alex put his hand through his hair.

“We'd better get on the road. I love you all so much,” Thomas smiled and hugged all of his sisters in one big group hug.

“Love you too, Thomas!” the sisters said and hugged their brother.

“I’ll probably be down here in the summer with Alex and James,” Thomas said as he released.

“Uncle Jemmy!?” Anna squealed.

“Yep, Uncle Jemmy.”

“I love Uncle Jemmy!”

“You just love everyone,” Alex smiled.

“Yeah! Everyone’s so nice!”

“Maybe because you’re nice to them.”

Anna gasped and hugged Alex. “Thank you, mister!”

“You’re welcome, kid,” Alex ruffled Anna’s hair before they released. “It was nice meeting you all. I had no idea Thomas had such a big family.”

“Didn’t know you were interested,” Thomas shrugged.

“I gave you my backstory.”

“I gave you part of mine. If you wanna hear the rest, I can tell you.”

“Nah, I’ve experienced it. Now come on, I wanna see that bird sanctuary of yours.”

“Dimwit, it’s night time,” Thomas rolled his eyes and walked out the door.

“So?” Alex asked walking out as well.

“They’re sleeping.”

“Oh...right.”

“You’re hilarious.”

“I try.”

The two of them got in the car and just sat there for a moment. Thomas broke the silence.

“Hey, thanks for letting me see my family. I know this trip was supposed to be about just us, but...it’s just been forever since I’ve seen them.”

“It’s no big deal, Tommy,” Alex smiled. “I could see your face light up when you talked to you sister at the beach, so I knew instantly that I wanted to take a day to visit your family.”

“You’re the best, you know that Lexy?” Thomas beamed.

“I dunno about all that,” Alex blushed and avoided his gaze.

Thomas put a hand on Alex’s chin and tilted his face so he could look straight at him. The way the moon highlighted the features of Alex’s face entranced him. He didn’t even notice the small pink blush warming on his cheeks.

“You’re beautiful,” Thomas whispered before he could even think about it.

Without thinking, Alex leaned forward and brushed his lips with Thomas’ before Thomas took control and kissed Alexander. The immigrant placed his hands in Thomas’ hair and Thomas put a hand on his chin and a hand in his hair, loving the feeling of this moment.

The kiss ended a bit short because someone shouted, “OH MY GOSH!! THEY’RE KISSING!!”

Thomas pulled his lips away, but Alex leaned forward again and captured another little kiss before he realized what was happening.

“Anna! Get back in the house!” Thomas yelled embarrassedly and started the car.

“Whoa…” Alex whispered in awe.

“Whoa indeed,” Thomas blushed and started backing out of the driveway.

Alex put on his seatbelt as Thomas did the same.

“It was like...another spark,” Alex continued. “Like the first time we kissed. Did...did you feel that too?”

“I...yeah, I think I did,” Thomas smiled. “I can’t stop smiling.”

“I can’t either. It’s like...my body is just bubbling with happy emotions and I just...I wanna hug you and never let go.”

“Honestly, same.”

“This vacation thing was a great idea, Tommy,” Alex placed a hand on Thomas’ arm.

“I think so too, Lexy,” Thomas agreed.

“So, what’s tomorrow’s plan?”

“Steven Universe and kiss and cuddles?” Thomas suggested.

“Add on your bird sanctuary and sounds good to me,” Alex smiled.

“Alright, it’s a da-”

A car honked its horn, but by time Thomas heard it, it was too late. An SUV slammed into the right side of Thomas’ Lexus, smashing the windows and denting the doors badly. The airbags deployed as the cars stopped.

Thomas was okay. Nothing damaged him. His side was alright. Thomas looked over to Alex’s side and almost sobbed.

“Alex! Alex, baby, talk to me!” Thomas cried.

There were glass shards impaling him everywhere and the airbag caused a lot of whiplash. Blood was everywhere and Alex was barely conscious.

“T-Thomas?” he rasped and coughed a little.

“Hey, hey, stay with me okay?” Thomas placed a hand on Alex’s cheek lovingly.

Thomas looked up at the other driver, who seemed to be talking to someone on the phone. Alex struggled to reach Thomas’ face with his hand so he can look at him. The Virginian looked down at Alex. His Alex.

“I-I...I love you, Thomas,” Alex strained before he fell into unconsciousness.

“Alex? Alex! I love you too! Please, just stay alive for me!” Thomas sobbed.

He reached across to the glove compartment and picked up one of his emergency cell phones and dialed 911.

The End of Book Two

~~~

(887 words)

Sorry, please don't hate me! But we made it! And they're together again! So that's something! Guys, did you know Ben Platt's leaving DEH on November 19!?!?! I'm supposed to see DEH on November 25th!! Sigh, I can't believe it. Anyway, I'll see you guys when the next book is out. Idk when that's gonna be ready, but it should be soon. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, you know what to do if you did! Love you guys and see you! Bye!