Chapter 16: A Day at the Beach Pt. 1

“Wait, so...Garnet’s a fusion?” Alex gasped. “That’s so cool!”

“I know right?” Thomas agreed. “Wow, I haven’t seen these episodes in ages. It’s good to see these episodes again.”

“Wow, the day’s already over,” Alex yawned. “But I don’t wanna stop watching this show.”

“You know, we can do whatever we want,” Thomas shrugged and played with Alex’s hair. “Hey, can I braid your hair? It’ll come out nice and wavy in the morning.”

“Sure, as long as I can stay in this position,” Alex said.

“Of course! Just let me start the second season,” Thomas grabbed the remote and started the next episode. “Now, hold still.”

“Okay.”

So, the two of them relaxed. Thomas tangled his hands in Alex’s hair, braiding it carefully while Alex leaned into his touch. It wasn’t until the tenth episode that they were both cuddled into each other, sleeping soundly.

~~~

SUNDAY

The next morning, Thomas woke up to Alex playing with his hair.

“Oh, hey,” Alex smiled and placed a small kiss on Thomas’ cheek.

“Hey,” Thomas smiled back and sighed, laying his head on the pillow.

“Happy Sunday,” Alex laughed.

“Sure. What do you wanna do today?” Thomas yawned. “More Steven Universe? We didn't finish season two.”

“Nah...I don't really feel like staying stationary today. I wanna do something. Go somewhere we can use that Polaroid camera of yours.”

“There's a beach not too far from here. It's usually not that crowded around this time of year, so no one would bother us.”

“Ooh, a beach,” Alex commented. “I'm in. I like making sandcastles.”

“You are such a dork. Get off of me so we can get ready.”

“But you're so comfortable,” Alex whined and leaned more into Thomas.

“Oh my God, Alexander,” Thomas rolled his eyes. “Move.”

“Nope.” Alex giggled.

“Please?”

“No.”

Thomas sighed. When Alex still didn't move, he came up with an idea. He wiggled his fingers around Alex’s sides and tickled him.

“Thomas! Stop!” Alex laughed and tried to push Thomas’ hands away.

“Get off and I will,” Thomas smirked.

“Never!” Alex cheered and stayed in place, wiggling from Thomas’ tickly fingers.

“Come on, I can do this all day and we’ll never get to the beach,” Thomas tried to convince him.

“Okay! Okay! You win, just stop tickling me!” Alex surrendered and Thomas stopped.

Alex gasped for breath as he got off of Thomas. The latter also stood up.

“Thank you. Now, let's get ready.”

~~~

It didn't take long to get to the beach and Thomas was right. It wasn't overly crowded. There were probably about fifty people here, and compared to summertime, that was nobody.

“Go find a spot while I carry our stuff over,” Thomas requested while opening the trunk of his car.

“You don't need help?” Alex asked.

“Nope, I got it.”

Alex shrugged and went ahead to find a spot, which was easy with no one here. When Thomas arrived, Alex helped him set everything up.

“Perfect,” Alex smiled.

“Stand in front of our setup,” Thomas said and picked up the Polaroid camera.

Alex did as told and Thomas took the picture. The camera spat out the black page and Alex squealed.

“Can I shake it!?”

“Be my guest,” Thomas laughed.

Alex cheered and took the photo from the camera, shaking it until it was clear.

“It's a keeper!” Alex cheered.

“Let me see,” Thomas walked over to see the picture. He smiled, “Yeah, that's a keeper. Now take one of me.”

“Excuse me, would you like a picture together?” asked a young lady.

“Yeah, that would be...oh my God! Elizabeth Jefferson!” Thomas attacked the girl in a hug.

“Thomas, it's been forever! How are you?”

“I've been good, and you?”

“I'm great! What are you doing out of New York City?”

Thomas looked back at a confused Alexander Hamilton.

“I'm visiting Monticello with my...sort of more-than-friend Alexander. Alex, this is one of my younger sisters, Elizabeth.”

“Hi,” Alex waved with a smile.

“Aww, he's a cutie.”

Thomas and Alex blushed.

“Are the others with you?” Thomas asked awkwardly.

“Only Jane, Mary, Anna, and myself,” Elizabeth replied.

“Wow, you have a lot of sisters,” Alex commented.

“And only one brother out of eight children,” Thomas laughed.

“Wow...big family.”

“Hey, you two should drop by sometime! It's been ages since we've seen you and mom misses you.” Elizabeth smiled brightly.

“If it's alright with Alex, I'd love to visit,” Thomas looked over to Alex.

“Sure, I'd love to meet the rest of your family,” Alex smiled.

“Great! I'll text you later telling you when you guys can come over,” Elizabeth cheered.

“I don’t have my cell, but you can call Monticello’s number, I’m sure someone will pick up.”

“Alright, works for me.”

“Alright, lil sis. I'll see you later,” Thomas hugged his sister. “Take our picture before you leave, though.”

“Oh right!”

Elizabeth took the camera and waited for Thomas and Alex to get situated before snapping the picture.

“There ya go!” she beamed.

“Thanks, sis! Tell the others I said hi!” Thomas took the camera back as Alex took the photo and shook it.

“I will! Bye! And it was nice meeting you Alexander!”

“You too, Elizabeth!” Alex called back.

Elizabeth waved and jogged back to the other Jeffersons.

~~~

(882 words)

Welp, Jefferson family's in this now, lol. Just realized this story's almost over...and I'm not even close to finishing the third book. Oops... I'll figure out something. Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed this and if you did, you know what to do. I love you all and see you all on Wednesday! Bye!