Chapter 15: Welcome to Monticello

They arrived to Monticello at two in the morning. Alex had fallen asleep again, so Thomas could surprise him with how big the mansion was. He parked his car in the garage and yawned.

“Alex, get up, we’re here,” Thomas said tiredly.

“Just five more minutes” Alex mumbled.

“Seriously, get up, Hamilton, I don’t feel like carrying your sorry a** inside.”

“Mmm,” Alex only whined.

“I swear, I will throw you on the ground if you don’t wake up right now,” Thomas grumbled. “You can sleep more when we get inside.”

Thomas shook Alex a little, trying to wake him up. Alexander only swatted his hands away. Thomas growled and did one thing he knew for sure would wake him up. He got close to Alex’s face and kissed his lips. Alex groaned, annoyed, but Thomas kept trying. Eventually, he felt Alex kiss him back.

He released and said, “Wake up, beautiful.”

Alexander yawned and finally fluttered his eyes open. “Thomas?”

“There you are. Come on, you can sleep more when we get inside.”

“Here?”

“Yeah.”

Alex stretched his back and sighed, “Mkay.”

~~~

SATURDAY

Alex woke up at nine, but found himself not wanting to get up. Saying the bed was comfortable was a complete understatement. He felt like he was floating on clouds.

He yawned and turned to see his bags on the floor. When did those get there? Where was Thomas? As much as he was going to hate leaving the little piece of heaven on earth, he sat up, swung his legs to the side of the bed and got up to find the man.

Letting out another yawn, he exited the room and started walking. He had no idea where he was going so the first five minutes, he got lost.

“Thomas!?” he called out, a little scared. “Thomas, where are you!? How do I get to you!?”

“Do you need any assistance, sir?” asked a lady.

“Um...who are you?” Alex asked cautiously.

“Oh, my name's Sally Hemmings, I'm Mr. Jefferson’s butler,” she offered a smile.

“Oh...okay. Can you lead me to Thomas’ room, please?”

“Right this way, Mr…?”

“Hamilton, but you can just call me Alex.”

“Will do, Alexander,” Sally replied and led Alex to the room.

It didn't take long to get there. Alex thanked Sally before entering the room. He still heard soft snores emanating from Thomas. Of course he was still sleeping, he drove for six hours straight.

He looked around to see what he could entertain himself with. His eyes sparkled when he saw a bookshelf and a comfy looking chair across from it. He quietly walked over to grab a book (he chose Shakespeare) and sat down in the chair to start reading.

Not even ten minutes later, he dozed off back to sleep.

~~~

An hour later, Thomas woke up with a yawn. He did it, he drove six hours and survived. He stretched out his arms. It felt great to be back in Virginia. It's been ages. He sat up in his bed and looked around. He stopped when he looked over at his bookshelf. He smiled, seeing Alexander asleep on his chair.

“When did you get here,” he mumbled quietly.

The only response he got was a quiet snore. Thomas smiled and got out of his comfortable bed to take a quick shower and fix his appearance. After an hour, he was out of the bathroom watching Alex slowly starting to wake up.

“Morning, sleeping beauty,” Thomas called to Alex.

Alex looked back and had a moment of deja vu. Thomas stood there, towel wrapped around his waist, wet curly hair dripping on his shoulders.

“You’re the beautiful one,” Alex smiled.

“That’s a matter of opinion,” Thomas winked. “Anyway, did Sally bring you here?”

“Mhm. I was looking for you and she led me here,” Alex smiled.

“Okay, not a problem. Once you’re finished cleaning yourself up, I’ll give you a tour of Monticello and then, we can binge watch Steven Universe. I figured we’d just take a chill out day since we were on the road for a while,” Thomas explained the itinerary for the day. “Unless you had something else in mind?”

“Whatever you want to do is fine for me,” Alex said. “I’m still tired from being on the road all night.”

“Okay, I’ll be right in here when you’re done,” Thomas smiled. “Will you remember how to get to your room and back to mine?”

“Um...no,” Alex blushed.

“It’s okay, it’s a little intimidating when you’ve never been in a mansion before. I’ll take you back to your room and I’ll meet you back at your room in about a half-hour?”

“Okay, thanks, Thomas,” Alex smiled and followed Thomas out of the room.

So, after a half an hour had passed and the two of them were ready, Thomas led Alexander through Monticello. The living room, the kitchen, the multiple bedrooms and bathrooms, the huge garden outside, the dining areas both outside and inside, the library, the music room, and the basement, which had a giant tv and comfortable movie theatre-like chairs. Thomas called that the theatre room.

Once they were finished the tour, which took about twenty minutes, they ate brunch, which consisted of eggs, ham, pancakes, and small talk.

“After we finish eating, do you wanna watch Steven Universe in the living room, or the movie theatre?” Thomas asked.

“Hmm...good question,” Alex replied. “If we watch it in the movie theatre, there’s a giant tv, but if we watch it in the living room, we can cuddle...if you’re okay with that.”

“I guess that is a pretty tough decision.” Thomas chuckled. “Well, the tv in the living room is pretty big.”

“Yeah...let’s watch it in the living room,” Alex decided.

“Alright, I’ll set everything up for us. You grab the snacks?”

“Sure!”

“Alright, I’ll see you soon.”

“Yup.”

~~~

(984 words)

Look at my boys bonding!!! Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! You know what to do if you did! Love you guys and see you all on Monday!! Bye!!