Kyle Said So

Dan's POV

     "Hey, Dan?" I looked up from my computer, surprised to see Alicia standing in the doorway.

"Yeah? What can I do for you, Alicia?" I smiled at the timid apprentice. "Or should I say 'birthday twin'?" we laughed at the strange coincidence. I had only just discovered it the other day, when Morgan and Alicia payed me a visit last week.

     "I dunno, Kyle and Morgan took me here and said to make sure you don't leave the building..." she trailed off, clearly confused about Kyle and her friend's actions.

     "Weird," was all I managed to say.

     "I know right?" Alicia retorted. "Bastards," she frowned.

     "Pff, where are my manners? Come in, sit down! I don't want your legs to get tired from standing!" I pointed to one of the leather sofas in my office.

     "Thanks, I've been standing all day," she rolled her eyes, obviously annoyed with something. I had no clue, so my gesture of tilting my head must shown my confusion for her situation.

     "Oh, sorry...Kyle was teaching me something, but forgot to get a chair for me, and I ended up having to stand there for an hour and a half while Morgan got to sit down," she explained.

     "Oh, sorry to hear that you spent your morning suffering..." I said sympathetically. "Kyle can be a retard at times," I rolled my eyes as well.

     "Mmm...not 'at times', all the time," she giggled. True.

     "Dan?" I glanced at the doorway, utterly confused when I saw Kimberly standing there with a nervous smile on her face. "Kyle said so..." Kim muttered and held up a set of keys before she closed my office door.

     "Hey wait!" I leapt out of my rolling chair, failing to stop the door from shutting, and my face hit the carpet.

     "Dan! Are you okay?" Alicia rolled me over. "That bastard!!!" she crossed her arms, angrily staring at the locked door.

     "So that's why she was in here when I went to the bathroom," I smiled in defeat.

     "Huh?"

     "Kyle must've instructed her to take my keys. I took a break from writing a file report to use the loo, and well, you can guess the rest," I explained.

     "Oh, I see," the protégé laughed. "Now what?" her smile dropped to an upset frown. "What are we gonna do, like, until Kyle lets us out of here?" she asked.

     "There's only one other way out- the window," I dramatically pointed to the opening that was letting fresh air into my room.

     "Ahaha-actually?" Alicia burst out laughing on the sofa. Unbeknownst to her, I was literally serious about it, since we had no other way out, plus this was the first floor, so we could easily get out without a single scratch.

    "Hehehe," I sheepishly laughed, rubbing the back of neck, and giving a small hint to my plan.

     "Wait, you're actually serious about it?!" her jaw dropped wide open. I shyly nodded in embarrassment, realizing it was retarded for me to even think of doing that.