A New Face to Games

Alicia's POV

     A stinging slap woke me instantly. My eyes snapped open with fear, expecting myself to be restricted to handcuffs or ropes, but I wasn't tied up or anything. In fact, I was slumped against an empty tank. By then, I had already realized I was inside the Sea World park, since there was a mini gift shop cart lonely sitting across the road from my position. But there was one thing in particular that bothered me: who woke me up? I didn't see anyone around me or anything wrong in particular, that is...until I realized someone wasn't where they were supposed to be. Will. He wasn't with me. We had gotten kidnapped together, but now we had been separated somehow.

     He's in trouble. No park should be this quiet.

     "HELP!" A sudden holler caught my breath before I could yell something.

     Shit. That was Dan.

     I immediately stood up and ran towards the sound of Dan's cry for help, but a strong and painful tug at my braid made me crash to the ground of the park. My head hit against the concrete, spilling some blood from the head trauma. I felt my leg scrape against the pavement of the Sea World park before a hand gripped the top of my head and twisted it in their direction. My eyes widened at the assailant who stood menacingly before me and my weak body. The Nightmare. She held out a hand and offered to pick me up, to which I narrow my eyes at. I slapped her hand away forcefully and stood up on my own, keeping a careful hawk's glare on Hannah.

     "Your friends are in trouble, you know."

     "Tell me where they are," I spat at her smirking expression "Or you'll regret it."

     "Ooh, I'm so scared!" She mocked me. "Are you going to kick me?"

      "Gladly," I hissed, taking a martial arts stance against her. "Don't fuck with me."

      "Sounds like you don't want to get your friends out of this alive."

      I was thrown off by what she said. My stance loosened and I backed away slightly, while Hannah softly chuckled evilly at my timid behavior.

      "Just what do you mean?!" I screeched at her. "Where's Dan and Will?!"

      "Patience, girl," she held her hand in a stop gesture. "You'll see them eventually," she shoved her hand into the pocket of her shorts.

      She's changed out of her outfit from the flight.

      Hannah dug out a folded piece of paper, a thin strip, and gently passed it me. I gave her evils as I opened it up, already confused as to what kind of fucked up game she's gotten me into. My eyes scanned the slip of paper, containing some sort of weird-ass riddle.

      A mammal of the sea, a fish of the land, but two special features that define me from within.

      "What the fuck...?" I muttered under my breath and looked up, only to see that the Nightmare conveniently disappeared without a single trace.

      There's too many sea mammals...unless...

      My eyes lit up at the sudden rush of adrenaline that ran through my head.

      She couldn't have!

      I knew exactly what kind of sick-minded plan Hannah had set up for me. Only for me. My feet pounded against the pavement as I looked at the signs of the park, trying my hardest to not get exhausted as I ran through the trails and pathways. A sign with the world cetaceans caught my attention, and I decided to go down that paved road, passing all the food shops and little exhibitions. I glared at the tanks, each containing a different species of whale or dolphin, then looking down at the riddle. These animals were technically fish on land, right? The only thing that threw me off was the part about this animal having two special features.