F o u r

Make sure to like and comment if you enjoyed this chapter and give my account a follow for updates on when I will be publishing chapters, news and information on what is happening around here!

"It's important that we share our experiences with other people. Your story will heal you and your story will heal somebody else. When you tell your story, you free yourself and give other people permission to acknowledge their own story." - Iyanla Vanzant

My heels clicked rapidly as I attempted to get away from the scene where I not only made a complete fool out of myself but also flashed my underwear to my new co-worker. How embarrassing. In the distance, Ren was walking speedily looking at a piece of paper on a clipboard. I picked up my speed and basically ran toward her hoping that Fletcher wasn't close by and would ever start a conversation with me. Now that would be one hell of an awkward moment.

Ren twisted her head in my direction and took her last sip of the steaming hot liquid before effortlessly throwing it in the nearest bin. My eyes widened in amazement of how effortlessly she aimed it in the bin which was quite a distance away from us and how cool it looked from my perspective. For me to even just attempt to do that I would just have to be a few feet away but first I would need to know how to successfully throw. Let's just say sports were never my kind of thing. Never. I hated every single one of those dull and daunting physical education lessons. They were my worst lesson. Not only did I not have the physique to do it with my small and weak build but my stamina wasn't much worse. Infect, both were as much of a disadvantage as each other. Hence why when our teacher yelled the words, "girls, we're doing basketball today!" or," we're doing rugby," I wanted to dig myself six feet under.

My friends from back then didn't have a problem with sport or any physical activity so when I used to panic before every P.E lesson they simply rolled their eyes and said," Ade, it's just a lesson, stop making such a big fuss over nothing." So, I stopped. I kept it all to myself in fear that if I told them all the times I feared something or got anxious they would simply do their typical, judgemental eye roll and tell me to stop being so 'overdramatic'.

"What's got you in such deep thought?" Ren asked curiously.

"Nothing. Nothing at all, just thinking," I replied and shrugged my shoulders.

"Anything wrong?" She asked, an expression of concern plastered on her face.

"I'm fine, honestly," I smiled and continued walking beside her.

I wasn't going to lie and say it wasn't nice that for once somebody but my parents asked me if I was okay. For years when I was friends with those girls, they didn't seem to put much care in feelings. Not at all. They never asked me if I was fine yet I was the one who always did to them and lent a shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen to their issues. Not once was the favour returned throughout the years we hung around each other. Now that I think of it, I'm sure that we were never really friends. We were just a group of girls who didn't want to be alone at their breaks and lunches so we found people who would just hang around with us. Nobody in the group really seemed to show much care for one another, some more than others.