T w e n t y

Make sure to like and comment if you enjoyed this chapter and give my account a follow for updates on when I will be publishing chapters, news and information on what is happening around here!

"Invest in people who invest in you."

Days seemed to pass in silence, it wasn't as if I had spoken to Fletcher just a couple of days ago allowing him to pour all his feelings to me. It was almost like the two of us were strangers to one another, he seemed to avoid me for the last couple of day and before I knew it, it was already Friday. The dinner night.

The two of us, Ren and I, walked out of the building, pushing the glass doors open wide ready for our weekend breaks to begin and our Friday night to begin. We had decided previously that we would both go to Ren's house and get her all 'glam' (her words, not mine. It seems she's having a pretty big influence for me since surprising I've been using her odd wording recently) and then we would go to get myself ready and since Ren is much more experienced in the whole beauty thing more than me she's decided that she's going to be my makeup artist for the night which she seems to be extremely excited about. Way too excited if you ask me, it's as if she had just won one million pounds on a scratch card, tonight has been the topic of her talking for the last week.

I couldn't tell if I should be just as happy and excited as she was or beginning to get annoyed by her cheery mood all the time. After a couple of days, I had decided it was very likely for the latter to be a possibility.

"So, he's still avoiding you like the plague?" She asks as the two of us step foot in the car and slam the doors shut, both happy for the heat of the stuffy car to hit us after the chilly temperature outside. Oh, yeah, unless I forgot to mention, Ren is as caught up in my life drama as I am with the Kardashians. Of course, I didn't tell her exactly everything, such as what we had originally spoken about, although she seemed to be very curious to know since the question was always somehow brought up indirectly into the conversation. Yet I shrugged it off every time deciding it isn't my business to tell his life story just like it isn't anyone else's business to know my entire life story too.

I nod, "exactly. That's exactly what he's doing," I confirm with a slight nod and the twist of my expression into one of disgust and annoyance. Of course, deep down I was beyond frustrated and annoyed at the mixed signals of friendship being thrown in my face at every angle. It was exhausting. In fact, it was way past exhaustion.

Ren turns the key to start the car as she furrows her brows and gives me a quick glance, "You'll see he'll get over himself soon, he will push his pride away eventually and see what kind of friend he's missing out on right here. Don't worry about it, you'll see, " she replies with confidence radiating off her.

I give her a sideward glance, almost wanting to laugh at her failing attempts to reassure me everything will be fine, "you seem pretty damn sure of that," I claim as the engine turns on and we begin to pull out of the office's carpark.