T h i r t e e n

Make sure to like and comment if you enjoyed this chapter and give my account a follow for updates on when I will be publishing chapters, news and information on what is happening around here!

"Having a soulmate is not always about love as such. You can find a soulmate in a friendship too."

I had never thought it was humanly possible for somebody to speak so much in a matter of twenty minutes. I was proven wrong for sure by the biggest chatterbox I have ever come to contact with, Ren Chang. Twenty minutes later after being sat in a car with sweat dripping from the sides of my forehead from the stuffy atmosphere of the car's heating and many questions being directed at me we arrived I opened the door wildly and sighed in relief.

"You could have told me you were hot, now you look like you've just been swimming," she laughed making me consciously swipe strands of hair across my forehead in attempt to hide both the dripping sweat and my tinted cherry cheeks.

Her eyes widened," no, no, It's not a bad thing," she assured as she placed her hands on my shoulder when she finally reached my side of the car," at least you look like a hot mess, you know just like them super hot bikini models you would see in magazines."

I lifted my eyebrow in amusement, body heat slowly beginning to escape from under the scarf that was tightly engulfed around my neck.

"Let's just forget what I said," she said trying to change the subject before shockingly throwing her hands in the air," we have no time to be sitting here and doing nothing, young grasshopper. My wallet is basically screaming to be opened!"

"Technically we're standing, not sitting," I replied playfully before being dragged by my arm in the direction of the building towering the two of us ahead, making us look like dolls or little figurines.

As we walked through the double doors of the shopping centre, hot air hit my face immediately making hair stick everywhere as if I had just survived an intense hurricane of some sort or maybe being attacked by a fan which would seem far more likely to happen than the hurricane. If anything the only hurricane I would be coming across would be an emotional wreckage, destroying everything, including me of course. One full of tears and destruction.

"We underestimated the number of people wanting to shop on a Sunday for sure," I say, my voice just above a whisper, as I grip harder onto my scarf making it tighter and tighter around my neck making me feel as if I was slowly suffocating, or was being enclosed in a small space which is fully packed, a box. The scarf was a  mismatch from oddments of wool, warm and cosy, yet it was just the right size for a giant or simply for Rapunzel to use instead of climbing down her hair.

It was Rapunzel, right? I had never been that bothered about Disney and the princesses, what can I say? I'm not the stereotypical 'teenage girl with the heart of a child'. I guess that's one of the many cons of having to grow up way too fast.