E i g h t

Make sure to like and comment if you enjoyed this chapter and give my account a follow for updates on when I will be publishing chapters, news and information on what is happening around here!

"Would you tell me I was wrong? Would you help understand? Are you looking down upon me? Are you proud of who I am?"

My spoon dug into the cereal in my bowl angrily making milk droplets fall all over the kitchen counter along with my beloved Cheerios, clearly not so beloved anymore. The house was unusually quiet this Saturday morning. The sounds of the doors slamming and the water running from the tap in the kitchen which I had grown accustomed to were not heard this morning which was more unusual than ever.

Both of their cars were missing from their parking places outside of the house clearly meaning that they had been called in for an earlier shift. Not that I particularly minded anyway since after last nights argument with my mother I didn't exactly fancy dealing with her petty attitude in the early morning.

Once I had shoved my last spoon full of the remaining cereals I had left, I grabbed my bowl and spoon and placed it in the sink before slipping out of the front door without another glance.

I didn't particularly know where I was going but instead, I just kept on walking until I had reached my destination. For some odd reason, the building of Ward Enterprises towered my petite body making me look like a doll compared to the size of the building. I pushed the glass doors open before my eyes scanned my surroundings.

Chaos.

Who would have thought so many people work on Saturdays in businesses like this? Definitely not me.

My eyes scanned the chaotic mess that engulfed my figure looking for the person I had assumed could perhaps be here and wouldn't mind to hang out. Yes, you heard me right. Me, Adelaine Colbert trying to make friends? Shocking, huh?

I had never been one to be particularly claustrophobic but in this very second all my thoughts and feelings had come to an immediate stop and my head to spin causing panic to rise in my chest, drowning me inside making it difficult to inhale and exhale. Swiftly, I dodged the crowd that had formed in the reception area and sprinted to the nearest isolated hallway that I could see.

A bunch of, 'look where you're going,' and, 'Are you blind? Go get a pair of glasses,' were shouted in my face as I accidentally nudged and shoved passed the people that stood in my way. Incoherently, I mumbled a panicked 'sorry' as the people around gave me the dirtiest looks you could ever be able to image.

Finally, I had escaped the mess outside and kneeled down at the very end of the very long corridor that led in all sorts of directions which all had doors to be opened. Thankfully, nobody had entered or left the rooms that enveloped my body making me sigh in relief as I could feel another panic attack beginning to fall into place. Just as my vision became rather blurry with tears and my fragile body curled up into a ball as panicked gasps left my mouth a door opened or closed. I wasn't exactly sure which it was but not that it really mattered to me. What mattered was not to be caught.