T w e n t y - S i x

Make sure to like and comment if you enjoyed this chapter and give my account a follow for updates on when I will be publishing chapters, news and information on what is happening around here!

"The life in front of you is far more important that the life behind you." - Joel Osteen

As the months began to pass, my outlook on life and the way I was choosing to live it was beginning to change. Day by day, month by month the days seemed to get longer, and the laughs that were leaving my lips were only increasing. Life was feeling like I was on a roller coaster that was just going up.

By late December, I could proudly say that I was able to walk around alone in our local supermarket without freaking out.

By January, I had already fulfilled one of my goals on my newly created bucket list. I was now officially a part of the local swimming club along with Fletcher who had been willing to help me start a new chapter in my life. Oh yeah! I was finally back in my old house too. There's nothing better than sleeping in your bed after such a long time.

By mid-February, for the first time I had not spent Valentine's Day alone but instead spent the day hanging out with Fletcher and Ren, watching the worst rom-com films we could find online and laughing till our stomachs ached.

And by the time March rolled around followed swiftly along by April, life was simply at its best. Sure, there were moments when my inner- self was ready to burst with panic but somehow I was learning to control it and I couldn't have been prouder.

My parents. Well, that's a whole different story. After our mishap a couple of months back it was difficult, let's just say that. After several disagreements and arguments taking place almost every time I opened the front door, I decided that I couldn't take the tension anymore. It was getting too much to handle my dad's bitter behaviour towards my new friends and quite frankly I had enough of his fatherly instincts coming out on the daily. Although, I never found out what caused this sudden tension my father had towards Fletcher I decided to drop it and give up the fight.

As far as both of my parents were aware I had cut off all ties with Fletcher. (even though mum wasn't particularly fussed about my newly growing friendship with Fletcher, maybe she had finally realised enough was enough of leading my life for me).

So, things became peaceful as my dad's obsession with constantly wanting to drive me everywhere or drop me off if I was to 'meet Ren' or even go run an errand. My father is still oblivious to the fact my swimming lessons every Wednesday were not taking place alone or with a bunch of strangers, nor did he know that when I left the house unexpectedly to go to the cafe I was, in fact, sipping hot chocolate along with Fletcher.

I hate lying don't get me wrong, but perhaps the less they know the better. Although, over the past few weeks my mum's somewhat strange behaviour has started to indicate that maybe she isn't as oblivious as I originally thought or she's just getting the completely wrong idea.