F o u r t e e n

Make sure to like and comment if you enjoyed this chapter and give my account a follow for updates on when I will be publishing chapters, news and information on what is happening around here!

"But no one listens to her 'cause she doesn't have a pretty face to match her pretty mind."

One thing I most definitely didn't expect to be doing on a Saturday afternoon was shopping with somebody other than my parents or a family member in such a chaotic scene. But something I could call far more insane would be the fact that I, Adelaine Colbert, am walking willingly towards a boy who has seen me in my underwear, something I could call pretty damn private if you ask me. In fact, not just any random boy, my coworker who's meant to be my rival.

Oh, God. What is life coming to? I thought as my feet guide me towards the mop of brunette hair who stood right ahead of the two of us looking at the window shop in disappointment as he fiddled with his usual, grubby coat that looked as if it had been passed on from generations before.

"Fancy seeing you here," Ren's voice bellowed out making Fletcher's head instantly snap in our direction. His lips curve up into a genuine smile as his eyes search the two of us and then our hands which are now full of several bags from what feels like every shop inside this place.

"Could say the same for you too, looks like you've been busy," he chuckled as his gaze fell back onto our faces after he examined our bags full of clothing, well, Ren's clothing.

"Busy is an understatement," I whisper keeping my gaze on the surface, looking at his mucky black Combat boots," we've been walking around this place for hours without even stopping."

"Adelaine, I've told you this already. We had a pit stop when I was trying on the heels," she says as she shoots me a look before throwing a large grin Fletcher making me ever so slightly uncomfortable at the radiant happiness between the two.

Before anyone else could open their mouths and remark, Ren silenced the two of us as her finger hung in the air," plus, I promised you a Starbucks so enough whining and groaning, be patient," she states before giving me a nudge and a wink which to I suddenly shudder and internally cringe at her weird movements and actions.

"Wanna join us?" Ren asked as Fletcher's head lifts up and his eyes light up in hope for some odd reason, making my eyebrows scrunch together in confusion and questioning. With a glance in my direction and the examination of my expression, his face suddenly turns back into its previous expressionless face reminding me of a programmed robot.

"I wouldn't want to intrude on your shopping date," he says with a wave of a hand yet his eyes still portrayed that familiar look of despair when I had looked in the mirror every morning.

"Nonsense!" Ren exclaims,"Adelaine and I were going to head back home after Starbucks so it would honestly make no difference to us." His chocolate brown eyes light up ever so slightly before snapping back in my direction and searching my face making my body heat up and taking on a dark shade of red across my whole body.