T w e n t y - S e v e n

Make sure to like and comment if you enjoyed this chapter and give my account a follow for updates on when I will be publishing chapters, news and information on what is happening around here!

"And that's how you really know you love somebody, you forgive."

I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. In fact, I was completely anxiety-ridden, with my heart beating vigorously like a herd of zoo animals that had been let out of their cages and a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach.

It was only a couple of hours after my mother and I had come back after a very eventful run that I had received a message from Fletcher.

"I'm in. 7 pm sound good?" My brain wanted to yell at why he would agree to this but my fingers completely ignored all the signals as they typed a simple, 'see you tomorrow," with a small smiley face followed right by although my expression differed greatly.

My mother was excited... more than excited actually, ecstatic. From the way the corners of her full rosy lips twisted upward to the wild look in her eyes I hadn't seen in a long while it was evident that my mother was more than pleased at the new guest along with the chance to let out her great hosting skills which she hadn't shown off in so long.

Still, I couldn't place a finger on why my mother was so keen to invite Fletcher in the first place but I decided that I should be happy at least one of my parents is starting to warm up to the friendship I had tried so hard to keep strong and close to heart. Perhaps it was one of her many ideas on how to earn my respect and trust back or maybe she had taken the class in being a kind and empathetic human (a decent citizen in society). I'm not complaining, for months I had wished for this kind of understanding and finally, I had been listened to.

For hours I had laid flat on my bed convincing myself that there was no reason to be feeling so anxious and that it was simply ridiculous to be feeling this way after finally learning to begin to control this panic that rises inside of me. Hours of inner pep-talk don't seem to help, I noticed as the clock struck midnight and I had still no plans of falling asleep.

With several tosses and turns as the hours swiftly went by I had finally seemed to doze off into a deep sleep. It was only when my alarm had struck me awake that I was back to feeling the panic and anxiety I had fallen asleep with. To be perfectly honest, I couldn't even figure out what part of this made me so anxious, my mum didn't seem hostile (after all, if she wanted to be bold and say anything awful to Fletcher she would have let it out yesterday. My mother was the type of person who didn't have a filter of any sort.) and Fletcher was only a friend so I can't grasp why my mind was losing control.

What was there really to be panicking about? Nothing, I hoped.

The morning began as usual, from the roosters waking me up bright and early and the beautiful sunrise beaming through the blinds in my window to the quiet noise of my dad locking the door as he left for work. I laid in bed, wide awake, listening to the noises outside as I waited to completely wake up rather than being in the zombie state I had a tendency to wake up with every morning.