T w e n t y - T h r e e

Make sure to like and comment if you enjoyed this chapter and give my account a follow for updates on when I will be publishing chapters, news and information on what is happening around here!

"Remember who you are. Without the number on the scale, your report card or bank card. Without the amount of friends you have, or the expensive things you own. Know who you are; your raw, true self"

The feeling of nausea pass over my body as I grip onto somebody's strangely thin arm was more than uncomfortable and rather disgusting if you ask me.

"Can we go please," I beg as my mouth holds my mouth in case of any sudden accidents involving being sick was to happen, which with my luck seemed quite possible.

Fletcher's deep voice breaks out after moments of silence staring at somebody who's face was hard to recognise from the blurriness of my vision, "yeah, let's go." He walks towards me and just as he is about to slender his hand around my waist another hand stops his way of getting to me.

"I think not," the angered figure says as he moves him away from Ren and I who stood staring at the scene curiously as if to ask what the heck was happening.

"I think yes," Fletcher barks back, "after all, it's your daughter who's about to puke up her insides and publicly embarrass you." So, it's my father who's being annoyingly protectively and will be the cause of my pizza remains from before being splattered across the fleshly cleaned floor. Great.

I notice my fathers' angered face as he watches Fletcher attempt to help Ren carry me out, his judgemental stare intensifies as I see a blonde come up from behind and cross her arms. I burn under their disgraced stares and suddenly I feel my breath getting knocked straight out of me.

My hand slides swiftly right over my heart as if I was trying to calm it down or perhaps just control it. With how powerfully my heart thumped vigorously I wondered if everyone around me could hear it too.

Without daring to look up in fear of seeing the judgement in everyone's eyes I decide to stumble through the crowd in attempt to get away from this mess. I shake my head as my breath speeds up and tears begin to form as I push past the suffocation inside the room desperately.

How stupid could I have been when I actually thought this could potentially end well, that this night I could actually prove something? That I could prove something to both my parents and my own self, to the monsters in my head that had told me for years I was never enough.

What part of me thought that things can change? That I could change?

Tears freely spill down my cheeks and I let out a sigh of relief as I run straight out of the door and bolt shakily for the nearest tree at the side of the house where silence seemed to envelope the area. My hand reaches out towards the tree and grips tightly as I hold on for support as my legs shake and I pant out frantically.