T e n

Make sure to like and comment if you enjoyed this chapter and give my account a follow for updates on when I will be publishing chapters, news and information on what is happening around here!

"Crying doesn't indicate you're weak. Since birth, it has always been a sound that you're alive."

I pressed onto the door handle as I put the key that had been securely placed inside my pocket in the keyhole. To my surprise, the key was very much unnecessary as I noticed the door was already unlocked.

With a furrowed brow and a glance around I cautiously opened the door as confusion hit my mind like waves on a stormy ocean. My shivering hand hovered on the handle as the door opened and my head turned back taking in all my surroundings. I stepped back for a second, only to notice the empty drive way. Perhaps one of the two came back earlier and placed their car in the garage?

I take a glance at the watch that hung on my hand tightly. It had only just gone little past six o'clock. After walking around the neighbourhood for a couple of hours, watching the sky which was once a clear blue colour turn inky with mist engulfing me, going from park to park, beach to beach and from shop to shop, I decided that it was time to come home before the sky would take on that gloomy winters evening colour that I had always feared.

The unknown that hid in the darkest of places are what brung shivers right to my spine, the criminals that awaited for their innocent pray to walk right past them before they pounce and take everything: their money, their bravery, their life, everything. The dirty secrets that are buried in the depths of the night in the murkiest of places, carrying an aura as they lured their victims in. Okay, maybe the last one was a little bit exaggerated but you get the memo, the darkness is a dangerous place, especially when you're in the wrong place at the wrong time. Trust me to know after the amount of movies and documentaries I've watched and studied on missing people who just found themselves as the pray.

I glance around and lift my head up to look at the sky as I stood in the doorway nervously. The sky took on a sombre grey tone as I glanced around admiring the beauty that enveloped my petite figure that slouched against the wooden frame of the door. The sky seemed to remind me of a white piece of paper, it was almost as if a child had grasped a pencil and began to draw on it before then deciding to try and erase the mistakes they had made only to notice that the constant movements of the rubber against the paper caused a smudge and spread the grey.

All of a sudden, a chill runs down my spine making me feel as if I was starring in some kind of horror where I was the naive girl who was stood in the darkness before getting slashed. The demons that sat patiently inside my mind laughing at me deviously began hijacking my mind with fears and ugly thoughts making me instantly slip into the darkness of the house and shutting the door.