Chapter 9: Offer

in honor of liam joining the story^^^

CHAPTER 9

Since my realization in the elevator, I seem to have become a different person. It's amazing what working out, a new wardrobe, and a little makeup can do. I feel more confident now, more beautiful, more....noticeable.

Now that I think about it, several guys have approached me since my makeover. I remember Liam from last night, his kindness and genuine smile. His charismatic personality certainly won me over. He even promised that he would help me with some workouts next week.

Then, another curious thing happened this morning. I was walking into the building, as normal, when a guy stopped to say hello to me. I vaguely recognized him to be one of the security guards, and made sure to peek at his nametag, which read Hank.

Hank went as far to follow me into the elevator and escort me to my office, and although he was nice enough, I thought he had some creepy vibes coming off him. The whole thing was slightly uncomfortable.

But now, as I sit in my desk, I can't help but think of the one person that hasn't noticed my changed appearance. Harry sits in his office, focused on his computer, and the scowl on his face is visible from here. He's probably still upset over last night's events and I can feel myself heating up with anger when I remember the way he yelled at me.

Today's going to be a rough day, that's for sure.

My laptop dings, signaling that I received a new email. I almost burst out in laughter when I see who it's from.

Harry Styles.

I look at him through the little window and he's still as immersed in his computer as ever. I can't help it; a small giggle bursts out between my lips. Could he really not walk five feet to my office to deliver my assignments for the day? Was he still so upset about last night that he couldn't bear to see my face?

Ridiculous.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you with the world's worst problem solver: Harry Styles.

I quickly print out the document he sent me and then head to his office. If he's too much of a coward to talk to me, I'll make him face his problems head on.

I walk in his office without knocking. "Hello Harry, good morning, how are you?" I chirp, pouring myself a cup of his coffee. If one of us is going to act like a mature adult, it is going to have to be me.

He glares at me just as I expected he would. "What is it, Leah?"

I turn around and wave the papers in my hand. "I have a question about the document you just....emailed me."

Harry coughs slightly before answering. I take that to mean he's embarrassed and grin encouragingly at him.

"Yes? What's your question?" he says, rubbing his temples.

"I...uh..." My eyes quickly scan the document, looking for something to make up. "Oh yes! What's Andrew Malone's phone number again?"

"Leah, I included all the phone numbers at the end of the document." He's annoyed. When I look at him, he's staring at me with an expression that closely resembles someone who is constipated. Ok, make that really annoyed.

"Look, Harry, I didn't really come in here because I had a question about Andrew Malone," I admit, sitting in the chair opposite his desk.

"I figured as much," Harry grumbles moodily. "What do you want?"