Chapter 20: Tease

CHAPTER 20

"I would really enjoy that," Louis sighs.

I'm sure he would, along with half of the people in the office. Everyone has become somewhat addicted to my sweet treats, and it's a good thing I love baking or else it would be a real pain to make the amount of clusters I do each week.

Suddenly, Louis is being yanked off me by no other than a fuming Harry.

"You would really enjoy what?" my boss demands.

"I was just talking about-" Louis tries to explain but Harry cuts him off midsentence.

"Actually, I don't really care. And I'm cutting in." He glares at Louis until he walks away, hands held up in surrender. Before he disappears into the crowd he shoots me a sly wink and I have to keep myself from smiling. Our plan is working perfectly.

I turn back to Harry, who slides his hands around my waist and pulls me into him. I huff and shove my palms against his chest. "You sure have a lot of nerve."

His arms are too strong. I struggle against him but he keeps me locked in his tight embrace. "Stop fighting me," he whispers as I dig my nails into his forearm. "I don't think it's too much for a guy to expect his date to dance with him."

"Oh, is that what I am? Your date?" I laugh and he winces as my nails sink deeper into his skin, my knuckles turning white with effort. "I thought guys were supposed to compliment their dates, not tell them they look like a slut."

"I'm sorry. And I never said-"

"You might as well have," I interrupt him.

He sighs. "Look, I- Jesus, Leah, can you stop clawing me to death?"

I look down to his arms, where my nails are now probably making permanent marks. Harry gives me a pleading look and I roll my eyes, but release my grip on him. He lets out a breath of relief.

"Thank you," he says. "And what I was trying to say is, I was caught off guard because I asked my assistant, Leah Evans, to come with me tonight, not some sexed up Marilyn Monroe version of her."

"Oh, that's right." I nod my head like it all makes sense. "The only reason you gave me a job is because I was some frump who wore baggy skirts and no makeup. Well, for your information, Mr. Styles, this is the only version of me you'll be seeing from now on. I'm done being a wallflower."

The song ends and I take advantage of his surprise by pulling back from his arms before he can react. My veins still flowing with adrenaline, I jab his chest with my finger. "You're just upset, if men find me attractive, I'll have better things to do than to bake you chocolate clusters every night!"

"Shhh!" Harry grabs me and glances around nervously at the other couples on the dance floor, some of who are staring at us due to my loud outburst. "Keep your voice down."

"Oh, so sorry." I roll my eyes. "I forgot that you're supposed to be setting an example for your employees."

"Exactly." He pulls me close again, either not hearing my sarcasm or just choosing to ignore it.

"And believe me," he adds, "Your chocolate clusters are the last thing on my mind right now."

I open my mouth to yell at him again for being a pervert but he presses my head gently into his shoulder, sufficiently silencing me.

"Just be quiet and dance," he murmurs.

I allow him to steer me across the dance floor for a couple minutes until Harry lets out a big sigh. When I give him a look, he smiles.