Chapter 10: Accusation

gif of leah just to be different though if you watch it too many times it kind of looks like she's having a seizure :/

CHAPTER 10

"I know it hurts, but seriously, you can't stop now."

I groan as I move my body again, my skin covered in a layer of sweat. I bite my lip to keep from screaming out a couple of choice curse words. The pain is nearly unbearable.

After a couple seconds I collapse back down on the bench, completely spent. Liam holds his hand for me to high-five but I literally can't move my arms anymore.

Yes, Liam. No, I'm not in Harry's bed, but at the gym doing a workout (or what Liam calls a workout, I thought it was more like a torture session) before I head to work.

"That...was...terrible," I grunt from my position on the bench. Liam laughs at me. He tends to do that a lot.

"Come on, in thirty minutes you will be feeling great," he assures me while helping me off the bench and up onto my feet.

"Yeah, well right now I feel like a bulldozer just ran over me. Multiple times," I tell him, clinging to his arm for support as my legs feel like they're about to give out.

"You're so funny, Leah," Liam says. I look up at him with concerned eyes.

"Really? And all this time I thought you were laughing at me because of my bad workout skills."

Liam rolls his eyes and playfully pushes me towards the locker room. "Go shower. I'll meet you back out here."

"Yes, sir," I salute him before walking through the doors.

After showering, blow-drying my hair and applying my make-up I realize Liam is right. I do feel a lot better, more energized and refreshed. I walk out the locker room, clad in a new dress I bought for work over the weekend. Liam is waiting for me just as he promised.

"You look nice," he grins as I walk over to him.

I shove at his shoulder. "Pretty sure it's just because this is the first time you've seen me when I'm not pouring sweat."

"Maybe."

We walk out to the parking lot together, and I actually smile at the sunrise in the horizen. I was never a morning person, but the day ahead doesn't actually seem unbearable. I turn to say thank you to Liam but he beats me to the chase.

"In all seriousness, you did great today," he says.

"Well, thanks for helping me. If it weren't for you I'd still be on that treadmill," I comment as we reach my car.

"Yeah, no problem," he says. "Maybe we could make this a regular thing."

"Like a personal trainer?"

"Yeah, but you don't have to pay me," Liam grins. "I'm free of charge." I raise my eyebrows at him.

By this time I'm in my car, sitting in the driver's seat while Liam leans on the window. I start the engine and roll my eyes when I look over and see he's still there.

"Ok, you big dork, I have to go," I tell him.

He pouts for a second but then says, "See you later, Leah!"

"Bye, Liam!" I call after his retreating figure. Then my eyes fall on the clock on my dashboard and my heart plummets when I realize I have to be at work in fifteen minutes. I press firmly on the gas pedal and quickly turn out of the parking lot.