Chapter 15

God, who turned on all these lights? It is way to fucking bright in here. This doesn’t feel like my bed either, who’s bed in my in? Where am I?

I opened my eyes slowly and immediately shut them again. Wherever I am, these people need to learn to turn down the lights. Wait, I know where I am.

The hospital.

That’ll explain where I am, but that doesn’t explain why I am here. Why am I here? What did I do in the last twenty four hours that would end with me being in the hospital? I can’t remember anything.

I can feel someone holding my hand. It’s probably Greg, Denise, or Liam. I hope it’s Liam, maybe he can explain this all to me?

I opened my eyes a lot slower this time and allowed my eyes to adjust before looking around. Once my eyes did adjust I looked over to see Liam with his head resting against the bed.

I took a second to admire his beauty before waking him up. I squeezed his hand and his head shot up immediately. He gave me a weak smile. “Hey babe, how are you feeling?”

I frowned. “Tired and confused, why am I here exactly?”

He just shook his head. “I don’t really know exactly. I brought you here because you passed out, but the doctor said he wanted to talk to you once you’re awake. He sounded pretty serious. Do you know what could be going on?”

I bit my lip. It couldn’t be because of my not eating, could it? “Um…how long have I been in here?” I asked, purposively ignoring his last question.

I should have known Liam would catch it though. “Just a few hours, Niall, if there is something wrong with you, please tell me-”

Liam was cut off by a knock at the door. He yelled for whoever to come in and in walked the doctor, Greg, and Denise.

The doctor, a fatherly looking man, smiled at me. “Good, you’re awake. You gave your friend here and your family quite a scare. I’m Dr. Myer by the way.”

I bit my lip again. “Sorry about that. Um… Dr. Myer? Do you know why I am here?”

The doctor frowned. “That’s actually what I needed to talk to you about. This is some serious stuff I need to talk about with you and your guardian. So, if I can have everyone else leave the room please?” Oh God, am I dying? I’m not going to let Liam leave, I am going to need him to be in this room with me.

I saw Denise get up and Liam tried to get up as well, but I wouldn’t let go of his hand. “Is it ok if they stay? Anything you have to say can be said in front of them.”

Everyone stared at me for a few seconds before Dr. Myer spoke up again. “Are you sure, Niall?”

I nodded. “Yes, please can they stay?”

The doctor sighed. “Very well, everyone please take a seat. You will not want to be standing for this kind of news.”

There was only one chair in the room, besides the doctor’s own chare. So I pulled Liam into the bed with me and he helped me into a sitting position. Greg sat towards the end of the bed and put a reassuring hand on my knee. Denise took the chair that was previously occupied by Liam. She put a hand on my shoulder and gave me a weak smile. Liam wrapped an arm around my waist and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

Once we were all settled the Dr. Myer began. “So, you guys were probably all wondering why Niall had passed out today?” He pause to see all of us nod our heads. “Well, it seems that Niall had passed out for several reasons. One of the reasons is that all your muscles are very weak and are having a hard time supporting your body. Another reason is that you were running on no energy and that caused your body to black out. The last, and the most dangerous, reason is that your body is extremely malnourished and it’s taking a toll out on your body. Niall, when is the last time that you have eaten?”