Chapter 26

For anyone who didn't read the message I posted to my message board last night, this and The Sex Project is almost done. I'm only going to update those two and Psychiatric Evaluation until this story and The Sex Project is completed. I'm doing this so I can focus more on some of my other stories. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

“W-what are y-you doing here? Not that I don’t want you here, but w-why are you here?” I didn’t mean to stutter so much, but I was just really confused and thrown off guard.

“Isn’t it kind of obvious?” He said as he gestured to his half-emptied suitcase on his bed. “I’m you’re new roommate, I guess.” He finished while scratching at the back of his neck awkwardly.

“But there’s nothing wrong with you!” I blurted out. It may have seemed really rude to blurt something out like that, but I’ve known Liam all of my life and his life never seemed short of perfect until recently.

He laughed humorously. “There is plenty wrong with me.” He cleared spot on his bed and sat down, patting the spot next to him. “You might want to sit for this.”

I did as he said and waited anxiously for him to start. I could tell he was having trouble beginning, because he kept opening and closing his mouth, so I took his hand in mine, giving it a squeeze, and pecking his cheek in hope of calming him down.

Thankfully, the gestures did their job and he started talking. “So, you know how that nurse was asking about what happened to my face and if I was getting abused at home?” He paused long enough to see me nod my head before continuing. “Well apparently she didn’t believe my ‘playful brotherly fight’ story. I don’t know how she did it, if she found my address or something, but she called child services to my house.”

I let out a sharp gasp and he took a moment to collect his thoughts before speaking again. “Well, they showed up a couple of hours after I visited you. Coincidently, my dad not only found out that I skipped school, but he somehow managed to find out where I was too. He gave me a particularly rough beating when I got home and by the time it was over I had just passed out from the pain. The next time I woke up, it was to the bright lights of a hospital room. I was told later on that the child services representative had found me passed out on the floor after calling the cops on my dad. I didn’t suffer from any major injuries, thankfully, just some really bad bruises and a mild concussion, they kept me for a few nights and then sent me here.”

I took a few minutes to let all this information process. I can’t believe his dad hates the fact that his son came to see me so much that he beat Liam to the point of hospitalization. I kind of feel responsible for Liam’s beating, like if he didn’t come to see me he wouldn’t have gotten hospitalized. I couldn’t help but feel a little bit of guilt, but I quickly pushed that thought away because I’m not the one that beat my boyfriend.

There was something that still wasn’t adding up for me. “That’s really horrible Liam and I really hate that happened to you and I wish I could do something that would make you feel better, but I didn’t know getting abused my parents would get you sent here?” I said while gesturing around the room.