Chapter 18 Part One

Sorry if this is kind of bad, haven't written in a while. Anyway I'm doing this in two parts because there's way too much I want to have happen in this chapter.

_____________________________________________________________________________

“Wake up sleeping beauty!”

I groaned and opened one eye slowly to see Josh annoyingly staring at me. “Go away.” I mumbled before turning over and cuddling further into the bed.

I whined when Josh yanked the cover off of me. “No, can do buddy. Boss man says it’s time to get up. Get up and get dressed, it’s time to start your first official day!”

I groaned again and reached around blindly for my glasses on my end table. “What time is it?” I asked sleepily.

“A minute after eight thirty. We really should be going down to the caf for some food.”

I nodded and fully got up and threw on a similar pair of sweet pants and Liam’s track shirt. I smiled softly to myself at the fact that Liam’s scent was still on the shirt. I threw on a pair of fuzzy socks and my favorite sliders. I ran a hand through my hair and deemed myself ready for the day. I don’t really care what I look like, I’m not here to impress anyone.

I turned to Josh. “Do we come back here after breakfast to brush teeth and stuff like that or should I do all that now?”

Josh just chuckled at me and hooked his arm in mine, dragging me into the hall. “We come back here for like ten minutes after breakfast. Then we go to the common room until lunch, group meeting, or one-on-one meeting. You have any meetings today?” Josh asked curiously.

“Oh… Um… Yeah, I have a group meeting today at ten ‘til lunch I believe. What about you?” I asked as we entered a cafeteria like area. “What about you?” I just followed Josh has he led us to a table in the middle of room.

“Yeah, I have a one-on-one around that time.” Josh unhooked his arm from mine and sat down at a table with four other guys already sitting there and I took the empty seat on the other side of Josh. Josh quickly engaged in a conversation with two of the four guys. The only person I knew was Josh, so I started feeling like the odd man out and just remained quiet until my food arrived.

I just stared at my plate at first. There was a lot less food on my plate then there was on the other boys plates, save for a boy with pretty looking curly hair. That doesn’t mean I wanted to eat it though. But I kept reminding myself that the quicker I eat, the quicker I can get better, the quicker I can get out of here and back to Liam.

I took slow small bites. It was very difficult to swallow each bite and the feeling of fullness just felt wrong and foreign. The only thing getting me through this was sweet thoughts of Liam.