Chapter 24

Sorry about this chapter being shorter, but I felt like it was necessary.

Also, I took down Love Ball Not Boys, rewrote it, and posted a different version. So, if you like Lashton, and if you want to, please go check it out!

_____________________________________________________________________________

“So, how are you boys feeling?”

Silence.

“I know you guys went through a dramatic experience.”

Silence.

“Do any of you guys want to talk about it?

Silence.

The therapist sighed. I didn’t bother to remember her name. I didn’t want to be here in the first place. None of us did. It’s not her fault, she’s just doing her job. That doesn’t make me slightly hate her any less though.

We all looked like shit, to put it bluntly. We all looked like sleep deprived, blood shot, puffy eyed zombies. I think Michael’s here only to make sure that Calum won’t completely break down, otherwise I don’t think he would have bothered getting out of bed. Calum needs it too. He’s got his arms wrapped around himself, like he was physically trying to hold himself together, and he looks like that he can burst into tears at any minute. Ashton and I aren’t much better. I’m currently hugging my knees with my face buried in them. Ashton’s been glaring at the ground since the moment we had sat down. Surprisingly, Luke looks the most composed of any of us.

Not that that would help with the silence.

The therapist tried a new tactic. “Calum, I’m reading here that you have relapsed since the incident. It says you had snuck one of the glass shards and used it to cut your thigh. Did you relapse because of sadness for your friend or was it because the sight was a trigger for you?”

We all glared at her as Calum curled himself into a ball, like he was trying to disappear from the room. My heart started breaking further when I heard sniffles coming from the broken boy.

The therapist sighed, knowing she wasn’t going to get anything out of him and maybe she felt a bit bad for making him cry, and turned to Michael. “How about you, Michael? How are you dealing with this?”

He flipped her off with one hand while the other rubbed soothing circles into his friend’s back. Calum had rolled over and was practically in Michael’s lap as he buried his face into Michael’s neck.