Chapter 22

I am so sorry for how long this took, but I got Wi-Fi back, so hopefully faster updates? No promises though.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Don’t judge me too hard. I know I should be mad at him and refuse to talk to him or something like that, but I just couldn’t. I couldn’t help how hard and fast my heart beating seeing him standing there. I couldn’t help jumping up and running to him. And I definitely couldn’t help throwing my arms around him and leaning up to bury my face in his neck.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me impossibly closer and shoved his face in my hair. “God Ni, I missed you so much.” He whispered.

It’s embarrassing, but I actually started crying a bit. “I-I missed y-you so much a-as well. W-why didn’t y-you e-mail me back o-o-or tried t-to contact m-m-me if y-you missed m-me so m-much?” I blubbered out pathetically.

He shook his head and tightened his grip on me. “I’ll explain all of that in a few, I promise. Can we…just continue this for a little while longer? I missed being able to wrap my arms around you.”

I nodded my head and shoved my face further into his neck and tried to stop crying. The position was kind of awkward because I was on the tip of my toes, so that I shove my face in his neck. But it was all worth it because Liam’s here and it doesn’t seem like he wants to break up and everything might work out.

Once I calmed down, I pulled away and finally took a good look at Liam. I let out an audible gasp and I saw Liam’s right cheek heating up a bit. I don’t know how I noticed it before, but his left eye was purple and swelling shut, he had a nasty purplish/bluish bruise on his left cheek bone, and both his lip and right eyebrow was split.

I gently traced the bruise on his cheek with my fingertips casing him to flinch. I quickly retracted my hand and apologized. “I’m so sorry Liam. What the fuck happened to your face?”

“Mr. Horan, language!” A random nurse said from across the room. I flipped her off and thankfully she just scowled and walked out of the room.

Liam was about to reply, but he got interrupted by my own brother coming up to us. “Hey buddy, it looks like you tow have a lot to talk about, so we’re just going to head out. You need a ride?” He directed to Liam.

He shook his head. “I took the bus up here, I’ll just take one back. Thank you though.”

Greg looked like he wanted to argue against that, but changed his mind. He and Denise pulled me into a quick hug before leaving.

I turned back to Liam and he sighed. “Is there a more private place we can discuss everything?”