Cooked Sushi

"YOU'RE nonagoshabibble."

⤜⤏

Aka Flid, or Squid x Flame.

This is one of the most popular non-canon ships, but it's never struck me as something remarkable. The most impressive thing about it would be the amazing art and fanfiction I've seen featuring them.

In my opinion, it's a pretty typical "bully x victim" fandom ship. Sort of like Bambi and Ronno. Flame is hostile and aggressive, while Squid is wimpy and, quite frankly, a bit of a brat. In their time together, all they've really done is hate each other. It would take a lot of development to get them romantically involved; and then, of course, there's the matter of staying together. I'd love to see them date at a point, but I don't think they'd last as a couple for very long. They're too prone to setting each other off - Squid's petulance would annoy Flame, and Flame's anger would terrify him. Handling each other would ultimately be too much work.

They're just not the right dragons for each other; they both need a dragon to tone them down a little (Flame with his anger, Squid with his fussiness), and I don't think they can do that for each other.

Don't get me wrong - I still ship the hell out of this. I just don't think, realistically, that they could maintain a long-lasting relationship. Their love would be a once-off thing, or a continual skinny love that never goes anywhere.

6/10.