Sunnyspeaker

"As strangely adorable as you two are, I need you to go off and discover your their twin souls elsewhere or focus on battle planning with me."

⤜⤏

The only thing I have ever seen Sunnyflighters and Starspeakers unite on is their unanimous hatred of this ship. In that sense, it's quite remarkable.

Although I find it a little bit odd, I have nothing against this pairing. At a glance, Sunny and Fatespeaker are very similar. Their positive outlook, responses to situations and behaviours are near echoes of each other. Their motives and backgrounds are a little different, though. Sunny grew up in a loving environment, and as a result she's more independent. Fatespeaker, on the other hand, grew up in a more hostile position with nobody to turn to; consequentially, she's more clingy. So while they're alike in behaviour, their motives and reasons are different.

Based on their interactions, I think they'd get on alright. They hit it off from the second they met. Aside from a bit of jealousy over Starflight, they seemed to get along swimmingly; and it only took Sunny a few minutes to work her way past this. But first impressions can be deceptive - I don't know if they'd be able to handle each other for a long time. Of course, it's a bit early to guess (since their interactions in the story so far have been minimal or not featured), but that's just my view on it.

And of course, Starflight would be heartbroken. He's the single biggest obstacle in the way of this ship. Fatespeaker would have to be... well... not in love with him, and Sunny would have to be certain that she wasn't hurting him. There's a lot of development needed to get things going - and even then, would they last? Chances are they'd tick each other off with their similarities; Fatespeaker, however amiable she is, may grow irritated by Sunny's optimism. Sunny might become equally frustrated with some of Fatespeaker's eccentricities, such as her obsession with faking visions. She's definitely the more mature of the pair, and I don't know if she'd have time to put up with her.

Every relationship has its flaws, though. If handled right, they could work their way through these. There's nothing wrong with this ship, and it could be very interesting to explore. It's just not my cup of tea.

5/10? 6/10? Somewhere along that range.