Moonbli

"... sometimes you're so busy listening to what dragons are thinking, you miss the things they're actually doing."

⤜⤏

Winterwatcher's greatest rival, and my OTP at one point. I've sort of hit the middle ground with both; I used to despise Winterwatcher, but now I think it's okay. I used to love Moonbli, but I'm not nearly as passionate about it now.

If you had to ask me which character I prefer (out of Winter and Qibli), I'd say Qibli in a heartbeat. They're both very complex individuals, but his personality appealed to me a bit more. If you had to ask who I thought would be better for Moon, once again I'd say Qibli. He's a lot more patient with her than Winter is, and his outgoing character would do her a lot of good. He's also a lot nicer to her than Winter - he's gentler and more understanding, and doesn't let his feelings get in the way of things like his IceWing clawmate does.

For example, let's look at the scene just before the cave explosion, when Moon started panicking. Winter barely let her touch him and demanded what she was doing, when she was clearly overwhelmed. Qibli, on the other talon, comforted her, asked what was wrong and persuaded the other dragonets not to go in (with the exception of Carnelian). He handles her a lot more nicely in many instances - to the point where he even calls Winter out for being awful to her, on multiple occasions.

But aside from comparisons to Winterwatcher, let's actually look at what makes Qibli and Moon so compatible. As I've said, there's the whole extroversion deal - how he'd help to bring her out of her shell, while remaining nice and understanding. He also seems to be the sort of dragon who'd be able to handle longer-term issues. For instance, take her mind reading. He had every right to be angry with her when she revealed she was hiding her powers from him, but he managed to look past this to help discover the murderer in the academy and, consequently, save Sora's life.

Moreover, Moon found him fascinating. Refer to every scene where she marvels over his mind. Between them, there's a lot of material for chemistry; and further, no development is required. He doesn't have a giant anger issue or superiority complex to get through before they can reach the point of romance. He's already a decent dragon.

Qibli and Moon have the same romantic compatibility as Winter and Moon, with half the effort.

8/10.