Blacier

"I'm sorry, Blaze. This is your fight."

⤜⤏

I chose that quote because it broke my heart. Also, I couldn't find anything else on the Wikia and I'm too lazy to scroll through my Kindle to find a better one.

Blaze and Glacier are very different. The extravagant SandWing princess, and the stoic IceWing queen. Blaze has a lot to learn from her ally's experience, but them being together could prove invaluable for her.

There's little obvious canon chemistry to warrant for this ship's immense number of fans; we rarely actually see them together, and when they are they're cordial at best. To me, at least, it's the little things that make this ship what it is.

Take Blaze's encounter with Glory in The Hidden Kingdom. However superfluous she may be, there's no denying she has potential: she's described as exceptionally beautiful, and handles the situation without much fear. When Deathbringer attacks her, she doesn't panic and maintains a conversation with the dragonets after he's been neutralized. And, more importantly, she tells them about Glacier: how she trusts her. How good of an ally she is. How she knows she'll come to rescue her. That's an awful lot of faith to have in a dragon from another tribe - especially one as fearsome as Glacier.

And moreover, Glacier fulfils these expectations. The dragonets are forced to leave when a wing of IceWings approach. Her ally is protecting her. And based on Blaze's behaviour later on in The Brightest Night, it's obvious that this is a continuous thing. When forced to battle Blister, she turns to Glacier and pleads her to do as she has always done and protect her. And for a minute, it seems like Glacier is going to do just that. There's obvious regret in her when she refuses.

And they brush wings. Minor detail.

Blaze also mentions that Glacier killed an assassin - I think a SkyWing? I can't remember? - to protect her. Personally, and gruesomely. Of course, that's not your usual cutesy couple activity, but it says a lot for their loyalty to one another.

To anyone who claims this ship is pedophilia, please refer to my profile. You'll find a story titled Pyrrhia: A FanWing Commentary. The third chapter in that is titled "Blacier Is Not Pedophilia". Please read it. I'll put the link in the comments.

Their entire storyline is tragic, and with a bit of fan imagination you can work wonders. I heard from one user awhile ago that they had been confirmed a canon pairing, but they couldn't remember the source and I can find nothing about it. I think it's highly unlikely that they ever will become canon - especially given Glacier's... er... current state - but nonetheless, they're one of my favourite WoF ships.

9/10.