Epilogue

DEVORA WAS A face full of smiles when she pushed open the doors of their new shared apartment home. It was a decent size, not too big, not too small. Located in the heart of New York City, this apartment was to be their new home for a few years before they start moving across the states in search of a new location to explore in the future.

"Isn't this place just beautiful?" Devora laughed, jumping into the household instantly, leaving her bags by the door as the man accompanying her smiled.

"I'm just glad that you like it, Dora. We looked through so many different apartments before agreeing on this one and frankly, I'm just relieved that the hunt is over."

"Nathan, don't be such a sourpuss. This place is beautiful. Besides, you were the one that had been picky about the apartments. I never did comment more than a sentence about them."

Nathan grinned, leaning against the doorframe with his arms folded across his chest. His large brown eyes scanned their new home up and down, a fond smile curving his lips when his pupils landed on Devora's beaming smile from the center of the room. She shone radiantly, simply like a sparkling firework in the middle of the dark night sky.

"I didn't have to comment much, Devora. Anywhere is home with you in it."

After recovering from the bullet wound that could have ended his life, Nathan was sure to treasure each and every second of his life to the maximum potential. He and his friends all healed up nicely, being able to leave the hospital grounds with just a few weeks' stay.

At first, Dallas had been complaining on and on about how bland the food was in the hospital. Tired of hearing his complaints, Travis took it upon himself to cook him every meal of the day, bringing in healthy but fairly delicious dishes whenever it was time to eat. Ever since then, Dallas had insisted on bunking in with Leah and Travis after he was released from the hospital, much to Leah's dismay and Travis's delight.

Unfortunately, the group of friends, with the exception of Nathan, could never quite contact their families.

Devora learned not long after that her family had moved to Asia, somewhere in the rural parts of China and were to never be heard from again. Of course, she missed her family dearly but had decided that it was best to keep her distance. After all, in their eyes, she was supposed to be long dead.

Travis and Leah, on the other hand, didn't dare to go search for their family. After the death of their little sister Tammy, they decided that it was perhaps for the best to never reunite with their families. They were scared of their family's reaction if they were to learn that only two out of the three kidnapped children had survived, and on top of that, those two moved on to be assassins that took lives for a living.

"I don't want them to think of me any differently," Leah had said when Devora asked why. "I just know that they are going to regard Travis and I like some murderers. They shouldn't know we're still alive. That way, our images in their memory wouldn't be tainted."

It was a painful decision, but it was one that the brother and sister duo had agreed on without any qualms.

Lastly, Nathan had been on a hunt for his own family members ever since he was released from his stay at the hospital. It hadn't been an easy search, but Nathan eventually received news that they had been on a constant move for quite a few years already, constantly searching for him. Although their decision touched Nathan greatly, it still annoyed him that they hadn't taken his advice and stayed put. Being constantly on the move made it much more difficult for Nathan to locate them.

That was why Nathan and Devora had started with New York City as their first home, seeing that it was a city filled with vibrant people from all walks of life. The chances of finding them were much higher.